Market Research Business Analyst (990) Warren, New Jersey
Through proprietary global panels and research products and services, Lightspeed Research delivers valuable data to help businesses make informed decisions. We have significantly grown since we were incorporated in May 2000. Our progress presents new and exciting opportunities – requiring creativity, new technologies, thought leadership, and operational excellence.
Lightspeed Research is part of the Kantar Group, one of the world’s largest research, insight and consultancy networks and the research arm of WPP — the world leader in communications services. We have offices around the globe offering a wide range of career opportunities.
We have an entrepreneurial and spirited culture. Our collegial work style is casual but hard working and is one that rewards those who contribute to the company’s success. We offer competitive compensation with a generous benefit plan.
We are currently recruiting for a Market Research Business Analyst who will be responsible for gathering all pertinent data, analyzing it to find key trends, and presenting it to senior management. Consolidate comparable data from several SQL databases, and report on KPIs to stakeholders in the Americas, EMEA, and APAC regions. Identify opportunities to grow the business and support project managers with their deliverables. This role will also be expected to champion projects from time to time.
* Responsible for web analytics, mobile app reporting and social app reporting
* Develop and maintain monthly reporting of KPIs to senior management and key stakeholders.
* Gather and validate data against external sources
* Analyze trends and compile sophisticated data visualizations
* Build PPT presentation(s) with key insights and recommendations to regional and global senior management for strategic data-driven decision making
* Deliver ad-hoc reporting to the executive, panel management, recruitment, and sales teams
* Assist with fraud detection and mitigation efforts
* Use solid methodologies in data-gathering to ensure that all metrics are comparable across panel brands.
* BA/BS degree required in technology, statistics, math, or quantitative-related preferred
* 2+ years of experience in online marketing, especially affiliate marketing and/or search marketing.
* Database: 4+ years’ experience writing complex SQL queries and stored procedures
* Comfortable manipulating large amounts of data, extracted across a variety of databases (primarily MySQL and SQL Server)
* Expert-level knowledge of Microsoft Excel
* Paranoid attention to detail
* Patience and Zen-like ability to prioritize and deliver on a high volume of inquiries & requests
* Web analytics experience (Google Analytics, Omniture SiteCatalyst, etc)
* Strong project management skills
* Excellent verbal/written English communication, presentation and analytical skills.
* Expert knowledge of MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)