Dir Healthcare Services (3729BR) Albuquerque, New Mexico
MOLINA HEALTHCARE - DIRECTOR HEALTHCARE SERVICES
• Manages and evaluates team members in the performance of various health management activities.
• Participates in the development and implementation of programs to meet the needs of Molina membership.
• Performs and promotes interdepartmental integration and collaboration to enhance the continuity of care for members.
• Evaluates program performance and participates in the development of enhancement strategies as needed.
• Ensures adequate staffing and service levels, and maintains customer satisfaction by implementing and monitoring staff productivity and performance indicators.
• Maintains effective team member relations.
• Conducts regular staff meetings (at least monthly).
• Assists with selection, orientation and mentoring of new team members.
• Conducts performance evaluations in a timely manner.
• Provides coaching, counseling and employee development and meets individually with staff at least monthly.
• Recognizes exceptional employee performance.
• Assists team members in improving skills, creativity and problem solving.
• Collaborates with and keeps the VP of Healthcare Services appraised of operational issues, staffing, resources, system and program needs.
• Assists and mentors manager responsible for supervision and coordination of daily integrated healthcare service activities.
• Manages and completes assigned work plan objectives and projects on a timely basis.
• Participates in committees, task forces, work groups and multidisciplinary teams related as needed.
• Maintains professional relationships with provider community and internal and external customers while identifying opportunities for improvement.
• Participates in the development of policies and oversees staff activities to ensure compliance with regulatory and accrediting standards.
• Creates and ensures timely and accurate reporting to executive management and appropriate committees.
• Accountable for timely reports submission to regulatory agencies and Plan Partner(s) as required contractually.
• Acts as a liaison to both internal and external customers on behalf of both Molina and the Healthcare Services Team.
• Conducts self in a professional manner at all times.
• Maintains cooperative and effective workplace relationships and adheres to company Code of Conduct.
• Acts as an information and problem solving resource for team members, physicians, hospitals, and other Molina staff.
• Interacts with medical directors regularly, as necessary.
• Facilitates open and timely communication between team members, other Molina employees and external customers.
• Complies with required workplace safety standards.
• Skilled at managing high functioning interdisciplinary teams of professionals.
• Able to use effective management principles.
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
• Work independently and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
• Knowledge of applicable state, and federal regulations.
• Knowledge of ICD-9, CPT coding and HCPC.
• Knowledge of SSI, COB, and TPL programs and integration.
• Familiarity with NCQA standards, regulations and measurement techniques.
• Ability to take initiative and see tasks to completion.
• Computer Literate (Microsoft Office Products).
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to abide by Molina’s policies.
• Ability to maintain attendance to support required quality and quantity of work.
• Maintain confidentiality and comply with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
• Skilled at establishing and maintaining positive and effective work relationships with coworkers, clients, members, providers and customers.
BA/BS in Nursing, Business or Healthcare related field
Minimum seven years managed care experience with line management responsibility including clinical operations,
applicable state, federal, and third party regulations and Quality Accreditation Standards (NCQA/HEDIS).
Master’s degree in business or healthcare management (i.e. MBA, MHA, MPH, MSN)
Familiarity and experience in the local market desirable.
Certified Case Manager (CCM), Certified Professional Healthcare Management (CPHM) Certified Professional in Health Care Quality (CPHQ), or other healthcare or management certification.
To all current Molina employees if you are interested in applying for this position please apply through the intranet job listing. Also, fill out an Employee Transfer Request Form (ETR) and attach it to your profile when applying online.
Molina Healthcare offers competitive benefits and compensation package. Molina Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V.