Senior Financial Analyst (4686BR) Long Beach, California
• Develops reports/data to assist in the evaluation of business performance
• Develops models to forecasts and budget future business performance
• Analyzes financial trends and results of both internal and external data
• Ensures the integrity and completeness of financial data and information contained in reports
• Effectively communicates findings to senior management and customers
• Automates, streamlines and improves processes required to carry out items mentioned in 1 through 6
• Documents business processes and procedures used to generate 1 through 4
• Demonstrated understanding of financial statements according to GAAP/SEC, and SSAP for health organizations, as applicable
• Provide required information on time and with a high degree of quality and transparency
• Ability to work independently and multi-task, with a strong attention to detail
• Ability to utilize specialized software tools required to perform job functions
• Ability to communicate effectively; excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong PC skills, including solid experience with standard Microsoft products and ability to use specialized financial analytics software
• Flexibility to work additional hours on an as needed basis to meet deadlines
• Ability to abide by Molina’s policies
• Maintain regular attendance based on agreed-upon schedule
• Maintain confidentiality and comply with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
• Ability to establish and maintain positive and effective work relationships with coworkers, clients, members, providers and customers
BA, BS, in Finance, Accounting, or related field;
• 5-7 years of finance / accounting experience in
national CPA firm or a Fortune 500 company
• 3 years plus experience in a Finance or FP&A setting
with increasingly complex financial analysis and modeling.
• Health insurance industry experience
• Experience with Hyperion, Cognos or similar tools
CPA or CMA or CFA
Individual contributor providing financial analysis and financial direction to the Company’s Medicare product. Primary focus is on the Medicare bid process, annual budgeting and monthly analysis of financial results.
Provides financial direction to the preparation, submission, and review of annual bid for Medicare line of business.
Responds to Medicare financial audits as scheduled by CMS.
Supports Medicare Compliance aspects as they pertain to Finance, including the required attestations for Medicare.
Knowledge of applicable state, federal and third party regulations as they relate to Medicare
Familiarity with Medicare annual bid process
3-plus years previous managed healthcare financial experience with Medicare products
Experience preparing Medicare bids
To all current Molina employees if you are interested in applying for this position please apply through the intranet job listing. Also, fill out an Employee Transfer Request Form (ETR) and attach it to your profile when applying online.
Molina Healthcare offers competitive benefits and compensation package. Molina Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V.