Senior Director Infrastructure Architecture (43656) Atlanta, Georgia
The Senior Director Infrastructure Architecture is accountable for direction, performance, and ongoing health of Cox's IT infrastructure strategy. This role is responsible for partnering with key business counterparts, Technology leadership, and Technology Architecture leads to ensure that the IT infrastructure architecture aligns with the strategic direction. He/she will integrate information from Cox's business strategies and portfolios to execute the overall strategic direction, architecture, and roadmaps for these areas.
The IT infrastructure scope includes long term strategic planning for various core systems assets and capabilities including computing resources, cloud technologies, servers, desktops, enterprise networks, database, virtualization technologies, storage systems, remote access, enterprise messaging and disaster recovery capabilities.
1. Partner with boundary partners to understand drivers in the business, communication and rationalize future strategic direction and ensure alignment of infrastructure roadmaps and investments.
2. Delivery of strategic roadmaps, architectures and timelines for the infrastructure domains.
3. Execute knowledge of technology and business trends within these areas and make recommendations to align strategic direction as necessary.
4. Provide the leadership and direction needed to develop and maintain a high-performance team environment that fosters innovation.
5. Serve as point of escalation, review and approval for key issues, significant projects and decisions related to network and infrastructure architecture.
6. Participate in Architecture Governance process.
1. BS in Computer Engineering/Science, Electrical, Systems or Software Engineering or equivalent is required.
2. 10+ years of experience required in related field (i.e. IT Systems Management, Enterprise Architecture, Solutions Architecture and Design, etc.), at least 3 in a senior management role
3. Extensive technical background in telecommunications, IT and/or the service provider industry related technologies include active directory, server clusters, storage arrays, virtualization, messaging, telephony and disaster recovery technologies.
4. Strong management and leadership skills, including coaching, consensus building, and ability to effectively manage resources to address competing priorities
5. Strong strategic planning capabilities (approaches and processes, tools, deliverables) as well as experience with architecture frameworks such as TOGAF, ITIL, Frameworx.
6. Previous experience with related technologies and standards processes including IEEE, IETF,MEF, and Cablelabs.
7. Approximately 30% travel might be anticipated.
1. Advanced degree (MS/MBA) in a related technology field
2. 3+ years of experience in a management role or leading cross functional projects
Cox Communications and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. We have a tradition of encouraging a wide diversity of talents through a broad range of hiring practices. Please note those individuals submitting resumes online or by mailing a resume are not considered an applicant for employment until a signed employment application form is completed, usually at the time of interview.
For more information about Cox Communications and its subsidiaries, please click here
www.cox.com, www.coxmedia.com, www.coxbusiness.com.
Statement to ALL Third Party Agencies and Similar Organizations:
Cox Communications accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox Communications employees, or send to any Cox Communications facility. Cox Communications is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.