Customer Service Representative (7507BR) Lakewood, Ohio
Today, it is rare to find a company that has demonstrated financial strength, integrity and humanity through the most challenging economic times that our country has faced. For 165 years, New York Life and its employees have been there for policyholders through good times and bad.
When others compromised long-term security for short-term gains, New York Life held firm to its values, and not only survived, but experienced double digit growth in sales and market share. Come and grow with us!
Customer Service Representative
In this position, you will play a key role providing our policy holders with the highest quality customer service. Prior insurance experience is not necessary; we provide a comprehensive and on-going training program. Through our in depth, on-site training we'll teach you about our dynamic industry, our insurance policies and regulations, with the goal of preparing you to assist our customers with their life policies.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
As a Customer Service Representative, you will:
- Receive up to 50-60 inbound telephone calls per day in a fast paced environment
- Respond to complex inbound customer call inquires and problem solve by providing information, processing transactions, or directing requests to other functional business teams
- Resolve customer inquiries and handle routine service administrative questions
- Ensure customers are satisfied on the first call
- Navigate our internal computer system to look up customer information and update policies
- Bachelor’s degree or at least 4 years of customer service experience within an inbound call center environment
- Excellent PC skills including word, excel and Lotus Notes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational, presentation, interpersonal skills and ability to multi-task
- Demonstrate sound judgment and strong decision making and maintain high ethical standards