MT Driver (Serco_45323) Carterton, England
RAF Brize Norton in Oxfordshire is the largest Station in the RAF and has approximately 6000 service personnel and 1400 MOD civil servants and contractors. It is the home of the Air Mobility Squadrons and is the ‘gateway to operations’, as the main airport used for deploying UK troops Worldwide.
The job entails driving of vehicles for which the appropriate in date vocational licences must be held. The requirement will be to complete allocated tasks with flexibility and also to backfill temporarily vacant positions on shifts. It also includes the completion of before & after use checks on vehicles, 1st Line maintenance including wheel changing & vehicle cleaning, and general husbandry of the work area.
These will include but not be limited to the following:
- Complete tasks in an efficient and timely manner, to a satisfactory standard
- Observe all relevant Regulations
- Contribute towards the achievement of team and personal targets set by line management.
- Co-operate with the collection of data required by performance measuring systems.
- Observe Company procedures for good order, dress, discipline, welfare and administration.
- Carry out key/security duties within your workplace
- Carry out allocated secondary duties with due care and diligence.
- Pass on your skills by training and assessing others.
- Deputise for your line manager in his absence
- Provide line management with specialist advice, as required, and inform him/her of any matters relating to possible delays to forecast job completion times and training requirements.
- Additionally, you are required to fully comply with the RAF Brize Norton fire and emergency evacuation procedures and any health and safety instructions and warnings relevant to your work, workplace, work equipment or materials. Where applicable, you will wear any footwear, clothing or personal protective equipment (PPE) provided for your safety.
Skills and Experience:
- Full driving licence with Category D & C1
- DCPC licence for PCV (desirable HGV also)
- Holder of digital tachograph card
- Previous driving experience on relevant vocational licence and capable of driving to an acceptable standard
- Colour Perception to a safe standard for airfield driving
Must be fully conversant with:
- Road Transport Regulations
- Tachograph and Drivers’ Hours Regulations
- Working Time Directive for Mobile Workers
- Driver licensing
- RAF MT Regulations or equivalent
- Customer Care skills
- Health & Safety awareness
- Manual Handling
- Operator’s Licence responsibilities
- Load and load restraint
- ADR awareness (particularly clinical waste)