Temporary Benefit Advisor (147) Dallas, Texas
Extend Health, Inc. is a business segment of Towers Watson & Co. and operates the largest private Medicare exchange in the country. Founded in 2004, the Extend Health Medicare Exchange and the company’s licensed and certified benefit advisors have helped hundreds of thousands of Medicare-eligible retirees and their dependents identify and evaluate private Medicare plans that best meet their needs and budgets based on their individual medical and pharmaceutical needs. Extend Health has also helped Fortune 500 companies, unions, and municipalities realize significant savings for healthcare coverage for Medicare-eligible retirees when compared to employer group plans.
This position is responsible for building and maintaining effective relationships with our various customers by effectively and efficiently responding to customer inquiries and properly documenting service issues. Candidates must have the ability to consistently provide customer service that meets or exceeds the company's Customer Service quality, productivity and compliance standards. This position serves as the primary point of contact for customer communication and resolution of service related inquiries.
As a Temporary Benefit Advisor you will be provided extensive training and required certification for each insurance plan and carrier we support. In this position you will guide Medicare eligible retirees in choosing an insurance plan based on their individual needs. This position is the direct point of contact for the individuals we serve.
- Use consultative skills to assess the client’s needs, determine the best insurance plan and assess appropriate eligibility
- Effectively communicate costs and benefits of Medicare insurance plans via the telephone
- Act within all ethical and compliance standards as defined and communicated by the company
- Interpret and apply varying guidelines across multiple insurance carriers to applicant-specific health scenarios
- Work effectively as a team player across all company departments to ensure an efficient and professional work environment
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite applications, email and website interaction required
- Experience in customer service or contact center experience preferred
- Experience in direct to consumer insurance setting preferred
- Technical understanding of insurance products and/or insurance business, systems preferred
- Resident Life/Health Insurance license is a plus (Extend Health will assist in obtaining a license if you don’t have one)
- Experience using sales management software applications preferred
- Ability to work autonomously in a self-paced, self-motivated approach to ensure workload is completed efficiently within departmental standards
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents such as detailed correspondence, procedure manuals, insurance applications, polices or contracts
- Ability to communicate professionally and courteously (even in stressful situations) through verbal and written interaction
Physical Demands and work environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing duties of the job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, controls, keyboards; work on desktop or laptop computers; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift up to 15 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability adjust focus.
- Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to low.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. In accordance with applicable law, the Company prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristic, veteran status, or any other consideration protected by federal, state or local laws. All such discrimination is unlawful. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, develop and promote the best people available, based solely upon job-related qualifications.