Software Engineer - Backend Application Developer (JO-1204-069) Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Software Engineer - Backend Application Developer
Work as a member of a small team developing back-end applications for highly complex computer systems or portions of large integrated systems. The ideal candidate will code and test software-based upon software specifications/designs, and analyze/study complex system requirements. Should possess sound software engineering principles to ensure developed code is modifiable, efficient, reliable, and understandable.
- A minimum of 10 years as Software Engineer providing software development and providing requirements analysis, design, process execution and evaluation.
- Strong understanding of distributed and parallel systems.
- Experience selecting and evaluating COTS and GOTS tools.
- Strong experience with Java and design principles.
- Experience with design and development in Agile environment.
- Experience using Top Down, Event Driven, and object oriented paradigm.
- Experience with some of the following database methodologies:Cloud databases and Big Data technologies, Database clustering, Data warehousing, Data mining,Spatial databases
- Experience working with open source Java application Frameworks, APIs, & Tools (For Example: Grails,Tomcat,Eclipse, ClearQuest/ClearCase,Ant, Maven).
- Experience with Linux/Red Hat/Unix
- Experience with the following tools/technologies: Jetty, JBoss, Ozone Widget Framework, Oracle, CloudBase, Hadoop, Composite Information Server, LDAP, TIBCO Suite
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, Mathematics or related discipline or equivalent documented combination of training and experience. Advanced degree in related technical field desired.
- Must be a US citizen
- Must have, or be willing to obtain, an active TOP SECRET security clearance, based on a current single scopebackground investigation (SSBI), as well as a favorable completion of Full Screening Polygraph completed bythe U.S. Government.
Fearless Solutions is company driven by delivering innovative produces and services to our customers that make a difference.
Our core values include the "Fearless 5": Passion, Integrity, Excellence, Improvement, and Innovation. We keep our competitive advantage by living our values out each day.
Fearless Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE, M/F/D/V.