Location: Southampton, England
Our well-established, market leading client based in Southampton is looking for a Process Engineer, on a permanent basis to join the growing Production Engineering group. The successful candidate will carry out production support and improvement activities and will be able to demonstrate good technical knowledge and a practical "hands-on skill set" along with core engineering skills including data analysis, problem solving and continuous improvement.
Key Responsibility Areas
• Solve day to day manufacturing problems and resolve production stops in a timely manner.
• Update documentation and train manufacturing staff in new techniques.
• Define and carry out routine preventive maintenance tasks, and ensure a safe working environment and safe, environmentally sound, processes.
• Monitor performance of manufacturing cells by using production data such as yield, cycle time, touch time and process capability metrics and use that data to target improvement activity.
• Report and communicate to all levels of the organisation in an appropriate manner.
• Identify, plan and implement innovative process improvements using a data based approach to justify changes.
• Improve the efficiency of manufacturing cells by utilising lean manufacturing and six sigma techniques.
• Ensure work complies with the Quality Management System, and regulatory and legal
Skills, Qualifications and Knowledge
• Good “hands on” engineer with experience of manufacturing mechanical, electronic or electromechanical assemblies (probably from micro-electronics, optical packaging, medical, automotive or defence industries).
• Technical background – degree / HNC /NVQ level 3 or higher in an Engineering related subject or equivalent relevant experience.
• Lean manufacturing and six-sigma techniques, DFMEA, SPC, failure analysis, root cause analysis.
• Good skills with Microsoft Office, familiar with ERP system such as SAP.
• Adaptable and comfortable in a dynamic and changing environment.
• Production environment with tight time constraints.
• Clean room based work, with some time working in an office environment.
Please check the job details, then fill in your details below and click "Submit now".