Training and Development Manager - 1388 (1388) Wilsonville, Oregon
Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title: Training and Development Manager - 1388
Job Category: Human Resources
Job Location: US - OR - Wilsonville
Scope of Role:
Responsible for creating and executing plans to design, develop, deliver, and manage strategic and sustainable learning initiatives.
- Work in close partnership with HR Business Partners and other Business Leaders, to identify and deliver innovative solutions that build critical knowledge, desired skills and behaviors required to achieve measurable business results.
- Utilize strong organizational & project management skills, in conjunction with facilitation, communication, collaboration and instructional design experience to deliver relevant, effective learning solutions.
- Ensure we are building employee capabilities, developing leaders and retaining key talent to meet business objectives.
- Ensure that L&D curriculum programs and projects are executed smoothly and are constantly reviewed and updated to meet changing business needs
- Establishing and driving strategies for curriculum design, marketing learning and development services
- Effective and innovative development, coordination and presentation of training and development programs for all employees
- Utilize effective and creative presentation and facilitation skills to deliver cost effective programs (e-learning, blended, experiential, on-the-job, seminars) to accommodate diverse learning styles and business needs.
- Ensures expenses for the department are managed and kept within budget and takes corrective action as needed.
- Partners with and enlists line managers and HR leaders to develop, pilot and implement learning opportunities.
- Manages a repository of best-in-class employee development resources (books, tools, external courses, schools, etc.) to supplement internal resources and programs.
- Gathers feedback from stakeholders to ensure program content is business and customer focused, fresh, relevant, impactful and continuously improving.
- Builds and maintains external relationships to ensure up-to-date knowledge of best practices, future trends and innovations in the field of learning and development.
- Conducts analyses of knowledge, skill and performance needs
-- Leading the design and delivery of training efforts, including web-based tools
-- Contributing to both simple and complex organizational effectiveness projects
-- Offering coaching, mentoring and feedback to personnel at all levels of the infrastructure
- Manage complex development projects to ensure timelines, milestones and deliverables are met in accordance with project plan
- Manage vendor relationships and the work of multiple vendors and subject-matter experts (SME’s) as needed to achieve objectives
- Facilitate learning via multiple vehicles, such as instructor-led training (ILT), leader-led learning, self-study, blended learning and e/mobile-learning. Researches and evaluates new training methods available (written, video, on-line, on-demand, computer based). Lead design and development of effective new learning & development offerings that engage and challenge the learner (classroom, virtual, mobile and applications) while delivering results.
- Integrate audience skill and knowledge needs with changing business drivers, and provide value-added thought leadership to business partners in the creation of learning solutions
- Partner with HR Business Partners to respond to client requests for individual and team development support and proactively recommend solutions as appropriate.
- Supervise Regional L&D staff, provide direction, establish priorities, coach for performance, and develop as part of a high performing team. Complete periodic performance evaluations and establish annual goals.
- Recommends and applies assessment tools, including online behavioral assessments and 360 feedback instruments to facilitate individual development plans and to identify competencies and behaviors that best predict success in the company
- Manages special projects as directed that support the business objectives of Mentor Graphics.
- Some travel involved, appx 10%, as needed.
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.
- The ideal candidate will possess at least 8 years of related experience with solid career progression in the field of training and development, including consultation, design and delivery of leadership development programs.
- Leadership experience required in corporate Learning & Development, including strategic execution to drive a learning strategy, designing and delivering employee structured learning curriculums, customizing programs for unique needs and consulting with HR and business clients for job specific training, professional skills and capabilities needed to drive business results, due to the complexity and variety of business needs.
- Bachelors and/or Masters degree in relevant field of study or equivalent years of related work experience
- Proficient in MS Applications [Excel, PowerPoint, Word] and other training software programs
- Experience with current training/learning delivery methods
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication, presentation and diplomacy skills at all levels of the organization
- Ability to effectively and efficiently deliver end-to-end responsibilities from strategy development to special project management, consultations and daily execution
- Deep and broad instructional design, learning and development philosophies, frameworks and facilitation expertise
- Ability to lead and influence across enterprise-wide customer-base, and able to customize or flex individual style to meet needs of stakeholders.
- Creative thinker, innovative problem-solver using professional judgment and sound decision-making skills to achieve desired results
- Strong consultative and solution oriented mindset, treating everyone as a preferred customer
- Possess organizationally savvy; understanding climate, culture, ways of working within an organization; ability to read people well and navigate and build strong working relationships throughout the company
- Understands strategic business drivers and importance of ROI in driving learning and development efforts
- Current knowledge of adult learning techniques, e-learning, instructor-led courses, job aids, web-based documentation, and multimedia and blended learning solutions
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to successfully handle multiple concurrent tasks / assignments simultaneously
- Strong attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy
- Considerable experience in curriculum design
- Experience in delivering leadership/management development programs
- Experience in providing learning programs to corporate employees through multiple platforms and social learning to expand access and improve engagement
- Superior presentation skills and experience facilitating training for all levels of employees, with the ability to tailor delivery style to fit the needs of the audience
- Demonstrated experience with adult learning, needs assessment, curriculum and program design methodology, multiple learning platforms and curriculum development
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with business leaders and HR colleagues
- Strong analytical skills, business planning, and project management skills
- Collaborates effectively with others to achieve results, identify and resolve issues
- Exhibits a personal responsibility and commitment to his/her work
- Personally reflects the values of diversity