Technical Writer (verification IP) - 1285 (1285) Fremont, California
Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title: Technical Writer (verification IP) - 1285
Job Location: US – CA - Fremont
Job Category: Technical Writing/Training
The Technical Writer will create user documentation for a broad range of Mentor Graphics functional verification tools.
As a technical writer, you will
• Plan, direct, and oversee verification IP documentation projects.
• Initiate and write user guide documents for IP protocols.
• Establish review and efficient production processes, and track all documentation projects.
• Lead and liaison projects with international writers, and mentor other writers as needed.
Ideal candidates for this position will have the following attributes:
• BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Technical Writing, or equivalent experience
• Working knowledge of electronic design software
• Strong technical aptitude
• Proactive, decisive, independent thinker
• Solution-oriented approach with proven ability producing technically accurate, high quality
• Write clearly and accurately
• Work well in a team and independently
• Take charge of a project from concept through production or any stage in between.
• Work well with remote development teams
• Visualize, communicate, and create art for abstract concepts and processes
• Experience creating task-based and process flow documentation
• Excellent oral communication skills
• Excellent research and interview skills
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to come up to speed quickly on a new project and balance multiple
• Familiarity with and/or ability to use UVM and System Verilog; programming ability a plus
• Extensive experience using Frame, Word, Acrobat Pro, Linux, vi, and other industry-standard
authoring and system tools
• Flexible and able to respond professionally and adjust priorities dynamically as required
If you are a Technical Writer, Electrical Engineer or Computer Science graduate interested in documenting the latest Electronic Design Automation software, then apply for this challenging Technical Writer position at Mentor Graphics