Proxy Administrator (BlueCoat) (8506BR) Alpharetta, Georgia
- Works with Architecture & Engineering on the implementation and operation of new security technologies including Application Intrusion Detection & Prevention and Network Posture Assessment.
- Monitors the performance of the DMZ infrastructure supporting proxy services, perimeter defense and threat protection performing required maintenance and upgrades as appropriate.
- Monitors security exceptions and violations, investigates and takes appropriate action.
- Determines and implements network perimeter protection strategies and counter-measures.
- Assesses performance of installed technologies, analyzes data, identifying any unusual findings and escalates as appropriate.
- Makes decisions guided by function/business plans and policies that impact operations or an area of operations.
- Responsible for the delivery of end results focused on operational excellence.
- Provides ongoing support and troubleshooting for installed technical solutions, able to resolve nearly all operational issues.
- Can quickly grasp customer requirements, anticipates changing business needs and challenges, and their subsequent impact on the technical direction of a solution.
- Collaborates with engineering staff, providing input to design as appropriate.
- Works with network security monitoring tools for network devices or systems.
- Participates in evaluating potential threats to determine if they are real or merely hoaxes.
- Describes existing procedures for handling emergency situations.
- Monitors equipment functioning to assure that client requirements are met as needed.
- Tests the effectiveness of new or revised information security procedures and tools.
- Specialized knowledge and experience in Network Security; possesses extensive knowledge in related technologies, specifically, Network Security concepts, systems and trends as it applies to forward and reverse proxies, remote access and certificate authority.
- Well versed in secure access methodology and products – Microsoft ISA & UAG, Oracle iPlanet Web Proxy Server, CA Siteminder Secure Proxy Server, IBM Datapower XML Gateway.
- Engineering level grasp of Microsoft & VeriSign Certification Authority technologies.
- Detailed understanding of data network concepts and operational functionality. Solid knowledge of TCP/IP networking, LAN/WAN internetworking technology (Switching, Routing, & Architecture.), Network Application Protocols (DNS, FTP, HTTPS, SSH, etc.) and client/browser behavior, IP security, 802.11 standards, & packet capture analysis.
- Significant hands-on experience with maintenance, support and problem resolution for Bluecoat appliances and associated software.
- Must have knowledge of industry best practices, trends and benchmarking regarding processes, services and make recommendations to management on improvements for IT.
- Prior experience with the day to day management of load balancing configurations in a multi-datacenter environment – F5 Local Traffic Manager with Global Traffic Manager integration.
- Practical experience with the planning and implementation of forward and reverse proxies, remote access and gateway antivirus systems.
- Prior UNIX administration experience- Sun Solaris, BSD, LINUX; UNIX, Perl and Shell Scripting.
- Maintains technical expertise and retools on emerging technologies.
- Preferred certification –Bluecoat Proxy Certification (BCCPP), F5 Systems Engineer - LTM, MCP in ISA..