Manager, Marketing Operations (42541) Atlanta, Georgia
Marketing Operations assists in determining PSU and Revenue Goals, level of effort required to achieve goals and ensuring goals are met through: executing key strategies in a desired manner, measuring progress towards stated business objectives, adjusting where needed and working across functions, Regions and Center to ensure the process and all elements are working optimally together.
The Manager, Marketing Operations will play a key role in coordinating efforts across functions and regions, in managing elements of critical initiatives and work streams, Campaign Management and Media allocation processes, and in assisting the organization in meeting goals and stated business objectives.
Operational Coordination and Implementation
- Serve as project manager for critical Marketing initiatives. Assess performance of Initiatives and Gap Plan elements. Ensure owners and objectives clearly identified, initiatives are coordinated and integrated into the business and progress towards stated objectives is tracked and reported
- Assists with managing ongoing Campaign Process through development of Quarterly Strategy Briefs and management/allocation of related campaign expenses.
- Partner with Regions and Center to adjust tactics, offers, media mix, etc. as needed
- Leadership across cross-functional boundaries (inter and intra departmental) to ensure programs, initiatives are aligned and optimized. Assists with integration of key agency partners and 3rd parties into ongoing activities
- Ensure clarity of communications between Regions and Center
Operational Performance Assessment
- Assess in-month performance towards goals, leveraging daily reports, dashboards ,weekly pulse call and managing associated action items
- Manage regularly scheduled assessments of performance including monthly and quarterly deep dives
- Partner with Regions on deeper dives into driver level performance. Leverage existing reports and available tools to proactively identify region or product level improvement opportunities
- Assists with development and management of operational dashboards
Budgeting, Planning, Measurement
- Assist with annual Budget and LRP Planning exercise
- Assist with Quarterly Forecasting and adjustment exercises
- HS Diploma, GED or equivalent work experience.
- 7+ years of experience required in related field (i.e. Marketing, Marketing Operations, Strategic Project Management etc.). 5+ years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree (MS/MBA or above).
- Strong Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint skills
- Strong organizational, prioritization and time management skills
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong business acumen and relationship building skills.
- A good listener and influencer. Ability to interface with people at all levels within the organization
- Demonstrated ability to strategize, project plan, organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage initiatives in a fast-paced matrix environment
- Proven record in effectively leading in a matrix environment where getting accomplished through others is necessary
- Strong presentation and meeting facilitation skills. Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High level of enthusiasm and dynamism, functions well within a team-driven and highly creative, frequently changing environment
- BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly preferred (i.e. Marketing, Business, etc.).
- 2+ years of experience in a management role or leading cross functional projects preferred
- Experience in telecommunications industry desired.
Successful candidate will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Building Strategic Working Relationships
- Facilitating Change
- Planning and Organizing
- Quality Orientation
- Stress Tolerance
- Lives Cox Values
Cox Communications and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. We have a tradition of encouraging a wide diversity of talents through a broad range of hiring practices. Please note those individuals submitting resumes online or by mailing a resume are not considered an applicant for employment until a signed employment application form is completed, usually at the time of interview.
For more information about Cox Communications and its subsidiaries, please click here
www.cox.com, www.coxmedia.com, www.coxbusiness.com.
Statement to ALL Third Party Agencies and Similar Organizations:
Cox Communications accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox Communications employees, or send to any Cox Communications facility. Cox Communications is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.