Senior DOCSIS Network Engineer (45058) Atlanta, Georgia
The core focus of this position is to implement and manage various programs within DOCSIS Network Operations, to include the fault management and scheduled maintenance programs specifically relating to DOCSIS based business product offerings. The position will be responsible for communication of new troubleshooting and repair information to the necessary parties in the data network infrastructure to insure uninterrupted service of high speed data and packet switch telephony business product offerings.
1. Monitor, trend, track and report network events relating to DOCSIS based business product offerings.
2. Troubleshoot and restore service outages related to DOCSIS platform based network issues.
3. Provide technical expertise during Root Cause Analysis of network issues
4. Coordinate solutions for chronic network issues relating to DOCSIS platform equipment. Including the communication of network events. The communication of short and long term solutions. The documentation and communication of updated standard network configurations and methods of procedures (MOPs).
5. Manage DOCSIS vendor relationships for operational support. Accountable for reporting, tracking and trending issues and performance related to specific vendors equipment.
6. Conceive and implement network optimizations as it related to the DOCSIS operational environment.
7. Conceive and champion the design and implementation of standardized national tool sets as it relates to operating the DOCSIS network environment.
8. Provide escalation path and training for NOC engineers, field engineers and other technical groups as required.
9. Document and coordinate optimal network designs among the different geographical areas within Cox. Lead the collaboration between technical groups to arrive at design solution.
10. Project Manage efforts such as global IOS upgrades, equipment upgrades or configuration changes.
11. Continuously learn new technologies and be comfortable training and mentoring others on these new technologies.
12. Prioritize resources and delegate responsibilities to other group members to ensure cohesive operation of DOCSIS Operations group.
13. Communicate, as required, DOCSIS operational needs and business requirements.
14. Create and implement any internal processes that are necessary to ensure highest level of service and product quality.
15. Anticipate future needs of operations group and suggest training and/or resources to meet those needs.
1. 5+ years of experience required in related field (i.e. Telecommunications, DOCSIS Engineering, Network Engineering, etc.); 3+ years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree.
2. 3+ years DOCSIS experience (1.1, 2.0, and 3.0).
3. Understanding of event monitoring (alerting, diagnostics, solutions) and network troubleshooting
4. Requires strong knowledge of leading trouble-ticket software such as Remedy, IP network protocols (TCP, SNMP, RMON), RF and HFC architecture; LAN switching design, implementation, and operation; fundamental IP/Ethernet networking with a working knowledge of TCP/IP protocol stack.
5. Ability to travel as necessary up to 40%.
6. Excellent written and verbal interpersonal communication skills to work effectively with teams throughout the organization.
1. BS/BA in related discipline strongly desired (i.e. Engineering, Computer Software, Electrical Engineering, etc.).
2. Prefer certification: CCNA (or relevant field experience).
3. Ability to understand Physical and Data-link layer media properties and implications as they relate to network architecture (i.e. DOCSIS CableLabs Specification; PacketCable Cablelabs Specifications; Cisco/Scientific-Atlanta and/or Motorola cable delivery network topology, digital cable systems; IP / web video; DSG, Tru2Way, OCAP, OpenCable; TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, HTTP, and FTP).
4. Scripting with PHP, Perl or similar.
5. Experience with NCS and SIP endpoints preferred.
6. Experience generating reports in Excel or similar.
Cox Communications and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. We have a tradition of encouraging a wide diversity of talents through a broad range of hiring practices. Please note those individuals submitting resumes online or by mailing a resume are not considered an applicant for employment until a signed employment application form is completed, usually at the time of interview.
For more information about Cox Communications and its subsidiaries, please click here
www.cox.com, www.coxmedia.com, www.coxbusiness.com.
Statement to ALL Third Party Agencies and Similar Organizations:
Cox Communications accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox Communications employees, or send to any Cox Communications facility. Cox Communications is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.