VoIP Support Engineer (44686) Atlanta, Georgia
Cox Communications is searching for a team member to provide VoIP network management, installation, integration and maintenance support for all hardware, software and peripherals within the Cox Communications VoIP Network. This key position is responsible for the 24 hour, 7 day a week technical operations support with surveillance and performance management of all elements related to the Cox VoIP network. The ideal candidate must possess excellent analytical troubleshooting, and communications skills, in order to work effectively both in a team environment and independently.
1. Work cross functionally to craft implementation plans and project timelines for deployment of new voice architecture into the COX network.
2. Responsible for all VoIP network elements. Special emphasis on Voice over IP network elements such as BroadSoft VoiceManager application, Session Border Controllers Gateway Controllers and Trunk gateways, SIP Proxy Servers, Data networking, IP routing, CSLAN.
3. Configuration, provisioning and deployment of BroadSoft VoiceManager, and ACME SBC applications in support of Cox Business to various COX markets.
4. Interface with the NOC M&C Special staff to resolve technical problems
5. Function as a point of escalation for operational entities regarding complex issues that arise within the production voice network.
6. Mentor less experienced engineers to help them grow their knowledge and expertise as an engineer and professionally.
7. Configuration, provisioning and deployment of trunk gateways to various COX markets.
8. Create/update the various acceptance and test procedures used by Cox Communication Network Operation Center and Local Operating Companies.
9. Coordinate with equipment vendors on issues requiring software/hardware fixes from the manufacturer.
10. Implementing vendor software/hardware upgrades on the VoIP Network Elements.
11. Track vendor related trouble tickets and follow-up through resolution.
12. Responsible for all vendor Customer Service Requests (CSR), including opening, clearing and maintaining a tracking database.
13. Interface with other departments/vendors on network problems and follow through to resolution.
1. 5+ years experience in related field: Telecom, Data Networking, Linux Administration, within a service provider voice architecture or operational engineering group.
2. 5+ years experience in voice elements such as Class 4/5 switching platforms and associated ancillary equipment.
3. 5+ years experience in various signaling protocols such as SS7, SIGTRAN, SIP and MGCP, and experience with integrating VoIP systems to PSTN systems.
4. 3+ years experience with soft switch technologies and application functionality, such as the BroadWorks platforms.
5. Experience with BroadSoft and ACME Session Boarder Control.
6. 3+ years experience with Media Gateways and/or Session Border Controllers.
7. Must have design, activation, and operation experience in VoIP, Data and IP Networks.
8. Experience with lab test gear/applications such as Abacus, Ethereal/Wireshark, snoop, etc.
9. Must be able to direct and instruct personnel through technical resolution of software problems.
1. BS/BA degree in IT/Engineering, or Computer Science.
2. An industry certification in a discipline related to voice or network technologies.
3. Some experience with Perl, PHP, and Shell scripting would be beneficial.
4. 3+ years experience with various Cisco network elements, and CPE Integrated Access Devices (IADs) and Edgewater Networks Application Layer Gateways (ALGs).
5. Experience in database technologies (Oracle, MySQL, etc.).
6. Individuals with cross-functional Data and Telephony experience, including working knowledge of PacketCable Standards, SIP based services, IP networking and routing, AIN functionality, Acme packet SBCs, VoIP Trunking, are preferred.
Cox Communications and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. We have a tradition of encouraging a wide diversity of talents through a broad range of hiring practices. Please note those individuals submitting resumes online or by mailing a resume are not considered an applicant for employment until a signed employment application form is completed, usually at the time of interview.
For more information about Cox Communications and its subsidiaries, please click here
www.cox.com, www.coxmedia.com, www.coxbusiness.com.
Statement to ALL Third Party Agencies and Similar Organizations:
Cox Communications accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox Communications employees, or send to any Cox Communications facility. Cox Communications is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.