Service Provider IP Operations Engineer IV (NOC) (41888) Atlanta, Georgia
Service Provider IP Operations has primary responsibility for operating the National Network. This position is in support of a 24x7 environment. The technologies consist of MPLS, Network Intelligence, Carrier Grade NAT, and Optical Transport. The National Network provides service delivery capability for all of Cox service offerings, i.e. Video, Internet, Voice, Business Services, and WiFi. The National Network provides service delivery capability for all of Cox service offerings, i.e. Video, Internet, Voice, Business Services, and WiFi. This role will serve as escalation point for service impacting events related to the technologies supported by the National Network. Vendor escalation for complex issues across all technologies.
IP Routing Protocols : OSPF, ISIS, BGP; Multi-Protocol Technologies: LDP, RSVP; IP Protocols: TCP, UDP, BFD; Ethernet Technologies: gigE, 10 gigE, VLANs, 802.1Q (VLAN tagging), 802.1P (layer 2 QoS), VRRP, HSRP; QoS Capabilities: classification, marking, queueing, policing CGN (Carrier Grade NAT) Design/Test; IP Backbone capacity management; Core IP routing technologies & vendors, specifically Cisco and Juniper ; Cable termination systems; Cisco and Motorola in relation to Cox; Coxs nationwide CB Ethernet (ALU) network; Various ADM, DWDM, etc. based transport systems. Cisco ONS & Infinera systems in relation to Cox; Implement vendor and component functionality for Coxs various service groups such as video (over IP) services, VoIP services, data (DHCP, DNS, Self-Reg, etc.) services; Traffic management validations IP Protocols used to deliver multicast traffic (IGMP, PIM); IPv4 and IPv6 subnetting; L4-L7 Server Load Balancing as required in application delivery, including disaster recovery solutions with GLSB; Motorola & Cisco/Scientific Atlanta digital video networks as it relates to cable concepts such as HFC networks, RF concepts, IP networks, digital video transport, headend equipment and digital set top boxes; Digital video encoding standards (MPEG-2, MPEG-4) and commonly used technology.
1. Responsible for all root cause management associated with Backbone and Service events.
2. Document all new service integrations for Tier III process and troubleshooting guides.
3. Host training sessions for Tier III service teams
4. Design process and procedures to facilitate compliance with guidelines from internal (Cox) and external governing entities. Auditing these processes to ensure efficiency, cost effectiveness, and overall compliance. Making recommendations for and executing corrective measures as necessary.
5. Analyze varied statistical data for trending, forecasting, and budgeting activities in order to provide assessment support for decision makers.
6. Development and distribution of routine and ad hoc reports to management and field personnel to support service delivery.
7.Development and presentation of training materials to all levels of corporate and field personnel.
8.Development of documentation for M&Ps and analysis support.
9. Provide data management services for all databases in Cox's communication network.
10. Project manage global software issues/upgrades, equipment upgrades, and/or configuration changes.
11.Coordinate solutions with vendors and field personnel for equipment or operating system issues
12.Develop reports on network events and post mortems on outages in Cox's communication network.
13.Provide on-site and/or remote technical support for all Cox transmission media.
14. Interface with other departments and markets to resolve network problems.
15. Real-time problem management including coordinating customer calls, problem escalation to appropriate support levels, tracking, and follow-up.
16. Contribute to training materials, training presentations and the creation of methods and procedures as needed.
1. 8+ years of experience in related field (i.e. Backbone Infrastructure, Voice over IP, Broadcast Video, IP Engineering).
2. JNCIE or CCIE certified.
3. Minimum 4 years of experience troubleshooting MPLS, BGP, and OSPF.
4. Layer 2 switching and VLANs.
5. Expert with troubleshooting routing policies.
6. Expert with troubleshooting firewall filters.
1. BS/BA in related discipline (i.e.,IT,Engineering)
2. Proficiency with scalable NAT solutions.
2. Proficiency with Network Intelligence platforms.
3. Proficiency with packet-filtering.
4. Cariden Traffic Engineering Software experience.
5. Brix IP Performance Management Software experience.
Cox Communications and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. We have a tradition of encouraging a wide diversity of talents through a broad range of hiring practices. Please note those individuals submitting resumes online or by mailing a resume are not considered an applicant for employment until a signed employment application form is completed, usually at the time of interview.
For more information about Cox Communications and its subsidiaries, please click here
www.cox.com, www.coxmedia.com, www.coxbusiness.com.