Manager - Network Signaling Operations (43579) Atlanta, Georgia
Provide strategic leadership and execution of technology solutions and support for the Network messaging team. The team will be responsible for bringing complex systems to market, moving them from Q/A all the way through to production and life cycle management post deployment. This position will develop and implement activities and strategies to implement traditional TDM networks, next generation architecture (SIP/IMS), and advanced services offerings into Coxs existing core communications networks including SS7, AIN and LNP networks. Key focus on network operations, network integration, and time to market for all new COX product offerings while maintaining Coxs high standards for network reliability.
1.Responsible for the development and day to day operations of a core team of engineers dedicated to the maintenance, development and delivery of COXs Signaling Network (SS7, AIN, LNP).
2.Collaboration with Suppliers, New Product Development, Cox Business and Deployment Engineering to define and develop new products to meet COXs standard for Network Operations and Network Reliability.
3.Responsible for coordination and planning of network activities related to maintenance and upkeep of the network within COXs Change Management policies to increase/maintain network reliability.
4.Responsible for management and implementation of the teams operational plans and activities to maximize results of COX business strategies.
5.Manage vendor relationship for: Cisco STPs; Telcordia ISCPs; LNP SCPs.
6.Responsible for configuration and provisioning of all SS7, AIN and LNP applications within COXs telephony network.
7.Responsible for all Cox Point Codes, along with all Operating forms connecting Cox with each RBOC/ILEC/CLEC/ and Hub providers.
8.Implementing all vendor software upgrades associated with SS7, AIN and LNP features. Track all vendor related trouble tickets and follow-up through resolution.
9.Manage software changes and corrections to insure uniform application of all software corrections across the entire network.
10.Coordinate with equipment vendors on issues requiring software `fixes from the manufacturer.
1. 7+ years of experience required in related field (i.e. Network Operations, Network Integration, Network Reliability etc.); 5+ years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree.
2. An excellent understanding of technology standards and specifications related to digital switching, transmissions systems, SONET transmission systems, network management or related telecommunications systems is required.
3. A thorough understanding of SS7, AIN, LNP functionality is essential.
4. Must possess a thorough working knowledge of signaling protocols SIP, SIGTRAN, WIN, H.248, IS-41, GR711, etc.
5. Prior hands on experience with integration and deployment of traditional, next generation and/or wireless core networks required.
1. BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired (i.e. Electrical Engineering , Engineering).
2. 2+ years of experience in a management role or leading cross functional projects preferred
3. Experience in telecommunications industry desired.
4. Hands on technical experience working with/maintaining a telephone switch database is required. DMS; Cisco; and Tekelec translations knowledge are strongly desired.
Cox Communications and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. We have a tradition of encouraging a wide diversity of talents through a broad range of hiring practices. Please note those individuals submitting resumes online or by mailing a resume are not considered an applicant for employment until a signed employment application form is completed, usually at the time of interview.
For more information about Cox Communications and its subsidiaries, please click here
www.cox.com, www.coxmedia.com, www.coxbusiness.com.
Statement to ALL Third Party Agencies and Similar Organizations:
Cox Communications accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox Communications employees, or send to any Cox Communications facility. Cox Communications is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.