Data Analyst (45018) Atlanta, Georgia
Cox Communications is searching for an experienced Data Analyst, who will be responsible for measuring and assessing the effectiveness of departmental processes and services. This position will ensure quality processes and programs are being utilized and are effective by developing performance measurements/scorecards and communicating performance relative to standards. The Data Analyst will also ensure optimal efficiency by monitoring work quality; delivering reports, statistics and recommendations for improvement.
1. Develop and manage service and process performance scorecards.
2. Create or update documentation including policies, process flows, methods and procedures and other documentation as required.
3. Create or update reporting presentations and other documentation.
4. Audit processes periodically and as requested to ensure adherence to defined policies, processes and procedures. Generate formal report of audit findings.
5. Performs on-going analysis of organizational and process performance including tracking and analyzing performance and reporting actual performance standards; analyze performance trends and impact on goal achievement.
6. Drive key business metrics improvements through process / tools projects.
7. Assist in identifying issues that may adversely affect the performance of the team/department.
8. Assures KPI validity by checking data accuracy, applying reasonability checks, maintaining audit trails.
9. Uses a variety of database software techniques to produce various media tools such as: reports, charts, graphs, lists, labels, memo, etc.
10. Interprets available data to point out significant trends in operational statistics, and prepares conclusions and forecasts based on those trends.
11. Other duties as assigned.
1. 5+ years of experience required in related field of IT Operations or Technology Operations.
2. Requires strong knowledge of OBIEE, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio.
3. Excellent interpersonal, leadership, presentation, and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization.
4. Experience creating technical documentation and performance scorecards.
5. Expert in creating and interpreting a variety of charts and diagrams.
6. Proven ability and experience with data collection, reporting and analysis.
7. Ability to make projections and identify trends based on statistical analysis.
8. Excellent organizational skills.
9. Ability to organize information using various tools, including but not limited to the following types of software: database management, spreadsheets, word processing and presentation packages.
10. Excellent collaborative problem solving and Team Building Skills.
11. Ability to handle multiple, simultaneous tasks, and problems.
1. BS/BA in related discipline strongly desired - Mathematics, Technology, Operations, or Operations Research with a strong emphasis in Statistical Analysis .
2. Two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
3. Familiarity with ITIL terminology and IT operations processes.
4. Ideal candidate will also bring Six Sigma knowledge and demonstrated experience and successes to this position.
Cox Communications and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. We have a tradition of encouraging a wide diversity of talents through a broad range of hiring practices. Please note those individuals submitting resumes online or by mailing a resume are not considered an applicant for employment until a signed employment application form is completed, usually at the time of interview.
For more information about Cox Communications and its subsidiaries, please click here
www.cox.com, www.coxmedia.com, www.coxbusiness.com.
Statement to ALL Third Party Agencies and Similar Organizations:
Cox Communications accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox Communications employees, or send to any Cox Communications facility. Cox Communications is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.