Network Optimization Analyst III (44085) Atlanta, Georgia
This position will require a detail-oriented and highly analytical professional to perform complex analyses to develop voice long distance routing plans, cost reports, and optimization related traffic reports. This role will require working with multiple data sources and reporting platforms, developing ad-hoc analyses and creating reports to inform management decision-making and support ongoing development and evolution of the Cox Long Distance and Cox Digital Telephone networks. This role will also be responsible for ongoing configuration and support of Coxs automated routing application and associated routing processes.
1. Conducts ongoing vendor and routing analysis for international and domestic long distance services.
2. Manages configuration of automated Long Distance Routing application (Vendors, Contracts, Rates, Trunks , Overrides); produces and validates routing models.
3. Makes optimal routing decisions based on cost, quality, commitment levels, and other business considerations.
4. Provides reporting and analyses in support of negotiations regarding telephony-related contract and network initiatives.
5. Collects and analyzes cost and usage data in support of vendor pricing, service level agreements, reporting, and budgeting activities.
6. Interfaces with internal Operations teams to provide service assurance support relating to LD interconnection, quality, and outages.
7. Performs complex carrier billing validation and allocation analyses related to long distance traffic and least cost routing.
8. Partners with Network Optimization, Network Planning, and other Operations teams to ensure efficient configuration and utilization of interconnection-related trunks and facilities.
9. Monitors and ensures compliance with contractual obligations
10. Knows and applies the fundamental concepts of contract compliance and contract management.
11. Develops and updates training materials/presentations, methods and procedures, and related collateral as required.
12. Supports analysis, planning, implementation, and project management of leased circuit optimization initiatives.
1. 5+ year of experience preferred in related field (i.e. Telecommunications, Sales, Sales Operations, etc.)
2. Requires strong knowledge of access tariffs, commercial LD contracts, and customary business practices is required to support routing analysis and contract negotiation activities.
3. Ability to gather and analyze LD contract performance data to identify trends and prepare action plans around gaps/problems discovered.
4. Must possess a solid foundation and broad understanding of related aspects of the telecommunications industry; i.e. regulatory, financial, engineering, operations, provisioning, and technical knowledge associated with VoIP and TDM networking environments.
5. Professional demeanor with strong organizational, project management, leadership, and communication (oral & written) skills required.
6. Very strong proficiency in Microsoft Office including advanced Access and Excel skills is a requirement.
1. BS/BA in related discipline strongly desired (i.e. Marketing, Business, Computer Science etc.).
2. In depth knowledge of voice networks and interconnection, call routing, call processing and associated records.
3. Possess a basic and working knowledge of TDM and VoIP network topologies, switching, configuration, and routing.
4. Experience with Enterprise reporting applications such as Business Objects and/or Oracle Business Intelligence (OBIEE) is highly desirable.
5. An understanding of technology standards and specifications related to transmissions systems, data transport equipment, network links, network interfaces, network protocols, and network management is strongly preferred.
6. Telephony leased facilities cost management and optimization experience is desirable but not required.
7. Experience with Granite telephony inventory system is also desirable but not required.
Cox Communications and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. We have a tradition of encouraging a wide diversity of talents through a broad range of hiring practices. Please note those individuals submitting resumes online or by mailing a resume are not considered an applicant for employment until a signed employment application form is completed, usually at the time of interview.
For more information about Cox Communications and its subsidiaries, please click here
www.cox.com, www.coxmedia.com, www.coxbusiness.com.
Statement to ALL Third Party Agencies and Similar Organizations:
Cox Communications accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox Communications employees, or send to any Cox Communications facility. Cox Communications is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.