Director, New Media Advertising Technology (42905) Atlanta, Georgia
The Director New Media Advertising Technology is responsible for identification and implementation of the technology components necessary to enable Cox Medias growing presence in New Media (digital and advanced advertising products). This role will serve as the vital expert technology resource as new products are envisioned, designed, developed, and deployed. Critical to success in this role is a strong awareness of emerging trends in advertising, awareness of vendor capabilities, and the ability to leverage technology as an organizational asset to monetize.
1. Partner with other members of the New Media Incubator Team to create a continuously evolving roadmap of advanced advertising / digital product opportunities.
2. Serve as key resource representing Cox Media in meetings with Cox Communications Video Engineering, Data, and Strategy development projects.
3. Manage vendors, RFIs, New Media Technology Acquisition, and external relationships (
4. Partner with New Media Business Analyst to develop plans to monetize new products, present plans at CCI gating process meetings, and develop executive level plans necessary to communicate team activities.
5. Take lead role representing Cox Media New Media interests at Cable Labs, SCTE, Canoe, cross MSO meetings, and other with other technology standards organizations as may be warranted.
6. Partner with Cox Medias Director Operations Technology and Engineering to integrate and operationalize new media products as they are brought to market.
7. Create detailed technology plans, translating business requirements into use cases and detailed technology roadmaps supporting
1. 10+ years of experience required in Advertising or Video Programming distribution (cable, satellite, telecommunications)
2. Requires strong knowledge and abilty to articulate vendors with advanced advertising offerings, social media technologies, and emerging ad technology/business models.
3. Demonstration of strong quantitative and business modeling skills.
4. Excellent interpersonal, leadership, presentation, and collaboration skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization
1. BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired (i.e. Engineering, Computer Science, etc.)
2. Advanced Degree (MBA, MS) preferred
3. 3+ years of experience in a management role or leading cross functional projects preferred
Cox Communications and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. We have a tradition of encouraging a wide diversity of talents through a broad range of hiring practices. Please note those individuals submitting resumes online or by mailing a resume are not considered an applicant for employment until a signed employment application form is completed, usually at the time of interview.
For more information about Cox Communications and its subsidiaries, please click here
www.cox.com, www.coxmedia.com, www.coxbusiness.com.
Statement to ALL Third Party Agencies and Similar Organizations:
Cox Communications accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox Communications employees, or send to any Cox Communications facility. Cox Communications is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.