Program Manager, New Business Operations (42941) Atlanta, Georgia
Responsible for managing the New Business process, reporting and data analytics, and providing overarching governance. Role requires extensive cross functional interactions and engagement with PRC and LRC, bringing best practices and thought leadership in managing incubation processes , and ensuring new businesses not only follow the EPM-based milestone process but also share synergies across new business initiatives to drive overall team efficiency
1. Position will support the new growth process by supporting the commercialization of new business opportunities
2. Identifies and collects data required to support strategic assessments, deals and potential new products/services that complement portfolio; utilizes findings to formulate recommendations
3. Develops models to assess and value new business opportunities and
potential threats to sustainability of current business plans
4. Evaluates and interprets analyst and financial reports and technology assessments to draw conclusions on viability and implications
5. Works closely with a cross-functional team including the field, finance, legal, engineering, marketing, operations, IT, and others to develop and deploy identified business opportunities
6. Ability to understand and identify the end-to-end product development process, ensuring successful product delivery
7. Ability to develop creative solutions utilizing both internal and external resources, which requires management of third parties
8. Strong analytical and problem solving skills are required in addition to excellent verbal and written communication skills
9. Works independently to complete assigned analyses
10. Works on both routine and out of the ordinary assignments
1. 7+ years of experience required in related field (i.e. Program Management, Product Development); 5+ years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree.
2. 4+ years business process experience
3. Business development and/or media/communications experience
4. Top tier consulting experience a plus
Strong MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word skills
5. Demonstrated interpersonal and interdepartmental skills
6. Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills which include the ability to document business processes and requirements
7. Ability to act consultatively to gather and analyze information as well as deliver a commercialized product or service
8. Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
9. Ability to multi-task and manage detail in a timeline driven environment
1. BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired (Engineering, Business, Finance, or related discipline)
2. 2+ years of experience in a management role or leading cross functional projects preferred
3. Experience in telecommunications or web services industry desired
Cox Communications and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. We have a tradition of encouraging a wide diversity of talents through a broad range of hiring practices. Please note those individuals submitting resumes online or by mailing a resume are not considered an applicant for employment until a signed employment application form is completed, usually at the time of interview.
For more information about Cox Communications and its subsidiaries, please click here
www.cox.com, www.coxmedia.com, www.coxbusiness.com.
Statement to ALL Third Party Agencies and Similar Organizations:
Cox Communications accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox Communications employees, or send to any Cox Communications facility. Cox Communications is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.