Internal Communications Manager, Cox Media (42713) Atlanta, Georgia
The Internal Communications Manager position works cross-functionally in order to bring unity and alignment to messages produced by Cox Media. This position will establish, maintain and continually improve a holistic, proactive and effective corporate internal communications process. The position is a key stakeholder in the success of internal communications and acts as a consultant for the various teams that serve these needs. The Internal Communications Manager evaluates the state of internal communications and overall understanding of company strategies and direction, and develops and executes on strategic recommendations for improvement, taking appropriate actions to keep all stakeholders informed of critical company updates.
1. Develops regular feedback channels to promote cross communication within Cox Media and to ensure that messages are being delivered in a consistent and timely manner. Monitoring the results of the feedback to ensure continuous improvement in communications.
2. Developing knowledge and understanding of internal communication tools and techniques and how these can best be used within Cox Media.
3. Develops and executes strategies and plans to promote effective company communications among all employees. By acting as the communications liaison between management and employees, helps increase employee morale and productivity by enhancing understanding of key company strategies and each employee's role in achieving company goals.
4. Develops and manages various communications tools, including printed publications, intranet communications, employee meetings and events, videos, announcements, etc., that support effective communication throughout the organization.
5. Supports Senior Leadership Team communications efforts through copywriting, presentation development, panel support and meeting facilitation, with the goal of bringing clarity and actionable deliverables from ambiguous ideas
6. Counsels other corporate teams on importance of frequent, open communication and inserts employee communications considerations into planning of all major company initiatives, events and announcements.
7. Provides supervisors and other managers at the field level with appropriate messages, tools and training to help them be effective internal communicators.
8. Promotes a positive, effective flow of information internally.
Tasks Associated with this Role
1. Development and ongoing execution of a division-wide monthly newsletter to all employees with content focused on over-arching vision, including both written and video content.
2. Communications support on the planning and post-implementation of high-priority programs that require governance-level execution
3. Develop and manage all high-visibility conference related communications collateral. Assists with planning and execution as necessary.
1. 7+ years of experience required in related field (i.e. Communications, Public Affairs); 5+ years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree.
2. Proven track record in improving operating results and efficiencies
3. Demonstrated project management skills and process improvement skills
4. Must be able to provide samples of the following: printed publications (i.e., newsletters), intranet communications, employee meetings and events, videos, announcements, etc.
5. Proven ability to partner cross functionally and lead/collaborate through influence
6. Demonstrated skills presenting to executive level
7. Ability to strategically manage time in order to meet multiple deadlines
8. Ability to summarize written copy into easy to understand content.
9. Proficient use of Visio, MS-Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required.
10. Self-motivated and able to grasp new concepts quickly comfortable and confident in an ambiguous environment.
11. Exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills, integrity, sound judgment and decision making ability; creativity and out-of-the-box thinking are a must.
12. Proven written and verbal communication skills
1. BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly preferred (i.e. Marketing, Business, etc.).
2. Strong project coordination in a B-2-B environment experience preferred.
3. (For Functional leader-delete if people leader) 2+ years of experience in a management role or leading cross functional projects preferred
4. Experience in telecommunications industry desired.
Cox Communications and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. We have a tradition of encouraging a wide diversity of talents through a broad range of hiring practices. Please note those individuals submitting resumes online or by mailing a resume are not considered an applicant for employment until a signed employment application form is completed, usually at the time of interview.
For more information about Cox Communications and its subsidiaries, please click here
www.cox.com, www.coxmedia.com, www.coxbusiness.com.
Statement to ALL Third Party Agencies and Similar Organizations:
Cox Communications accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox Communications employees, or send to any Cox Communications facility. Cox Communications is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.