Senior Product Manager, IP Voice (43256) Atlanta, Georgia
As Senior Product Manager, IP Voice Services this person will be responsible for lifecycle management and go-to-market product strategy for enhancements to Cox Businesss hosted IP voice line service and ancillary services such as voice mail. This person should possess strong lifecycle management and marketing skills with the ability to understand the changing business service landscape. This role is chartered with direct support to the field product managers for business IP voice line services. The ideal candidate will embody exceptional diplomatic skills and be an excellent facilitator, with strong teaming skills in working with multiple functional teams to accomplish goals.
1. Establish IP voice line targets and work collaboratively with the markets to enable them to achieve the targets.
2. Develop an articulated product lifecycle strategy and plan relative to advanced IP voice services and target business segments.
3. Manage all aspects of go-to-market rollout plans and release of IP voice line programs and projects to include sales force and customer training plans.
4. Responsible for sales enablement of IP Voice services. Must communicate the value proposition of the products to the sales team and in conjunction with marketing develop the sales tools that support the selling process of products
5. Responsible for determining the customer education strategy for IP voice line services and determining the tools necessary to help customers understand the value of the services.
6. Must have ability to articulate technical concepts in ways that customers, field and channel partners can understand and reproduce.
7. Manage business IP voice line lifecycle to drive customer revenue, retention and profitability.
8. Analyze product trends, performance / penetration metrics for business voice product line.
9. Provide ongoing analysis of competitive IP Voice products, features, packaging, and pricing
10. Responsible for cost analysis for IP voice product portfolio
11. Manage and support resolution of product lifecycle issues for field teams
12. Provide ongoing support to field staff for IP voice products and serve as liaison between field and HQ management teams.
13. Develop and implement competitive positioning for the IP Voice product suite including product design, packaging and product pricing.
14. Manage regulatory matters and compliance
15. Manage ongoing changes to product support materials
16. Partner with Marketing in the development of Marketing and Sales collateral
17. Coordinate product release with all relevant functional groups
1. 7+ years of experience required in product manager experience in the voice / telecommunications industry; 5+ years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree.
2. Must have proven skills in the product management of a voice portfolio
3. Proficiency in product pricing, cost/margin analysis and sales/profitability forecasting
4. Proven ability to manage a large cross-functional team to fully operationalize and launch new products on time and within budget.
5. Must have proven ability to work with research partners, vendors and internal staff to procure primary and secondary research information and to synthesize data into insights and recommendations.
6. Strong written and presentation skills for product documentation and sales training/support activities.
7. Exceptional analytical and presentation skills, organizational and multi-tasking skills
8. Proven skills and familiarity with regulatory practices
9. Familiarity with the local exchange carrier telephony industry
10. Requires experience with development and implementation of product market trial plans
11. Technical knowledge of voice and switching technologies (TDM, VoIP, SIP)
12. Individual should be well versed in managing detail of multiple projects in a time critical environment.
13. Must have proven ability to: resolve conflicts, confront issues and drive to resolution; manage third party business relationships; manage geographically distributed project teams.
1. BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired (i.e. Marketing, Business, etc.).
2. 3+ years of experience in a management role or leading cross functional projects preferred
3. Experience with the BroadSoft platform
Cox Communications and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. We have a tradition of encouraging a wide diversity of talents through a broad range of hiring practices. Please note those individuals submitting resumes online or by mailing a resume are not considered an applicant for employment until a signed employment application form is completed, usually at the time of interview.
For more information about Cox Communications and its subsidiaries, please click here
www.cox.com, www.coxmedia.com, www.coxbusiness.com.
Statement to ALL Third Party Agencies and Similar Organizations:
Cox Communications accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox Communications employees, or send to any Cox Communications facility. Cox Communications is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.