New Media Business Analyst (43080) Atlanta, Georgia
Responsible for assessing the viability and value of New Media advertising initiatives. Conducts research on emerging advertising technologies and business trends and communicates how these trends may have an impact on (or create opportunities) for Cox's current and future ad sales business initiatives. Develops detailed quantitative valuations and business plans supporting commercialization of New Media / Digital technology.
1. Provide business case analysis and financial plans supporting growth of the New Media product portfolio.
2. Provide direction on new media product partnership opportunities and other external relationships that are designed to support Cox Medias business interests. Specifically, serve as primary liaison with Canoe Ventures, LLC to track and management activity related to product deliverables, legal agreements, schedules and timelines, and related business issues.
3. Act as liaison between internal Cox constituents (including Strategy & Product Development, Engineering, IT, Marketing, etc) to represent and communicate Cox Medias business interests. Work closely with other subject matter experts across various Cox technology departments and field systems to assess the strategic impact of emerging technologies and facilitate operational development. Communicate and monitor interdependencies between Cox departments. Manage, track, and communicate schedule, budget, and issues related to internal Cox work streams including Interactive (EBIF), VOD DAI, Data, Linear Addressable.
4. Communicate to cross-functional peers, executives, and field systems on findings that may impact their business or technology roadmaps. Provide Executive Director New Media with activity tracking, interdependencies, project activity, and status updates.
5. Work closely with cross-functional teams including engineering, marketing, operations, IT, Ad sales, and others to provide input as business and product opportunities are assessed and developed. Communicate to cross-functional peers, executives, and field systems on findings that may impact their business or technology roadmaps. Develop presentations for senior management highlighting project interdependencies, project activity, and risks and schedule updates.
6. Research emerging New Media business opportunities and supporting technologies relevant to Cox Media's lines of business and future business plans. Develop recommendations for prototypes and earlier phasing of products (product ideation).
7. Assist Director, New Media Technology with product due-diligence activities related to Cox Media business opportunities and initiatives.
8. Help optimize Cox Media's relationship with our key partners (e.g. Advertisers/Agencies, Cable Networks, Broadcasters, Technology and Service providers) by understanding their needs and requirements, providing input to the development of their product offerings, and identifying and quantifying possible strategic partnership opportunities
9. Serve as subject matter expert and liaison by providing the business case and research analysis necessary to facilitate success with Cox Media new product development efforts, including ideation, proof of concept, production, implementation, training, methods and procedures, marketing and sales support, and campaign execution.
10. Represent Cox Media in CCI gating process meetings.
1. 5+ years of experience required with at least some of the following areas of technology: internet, wireless voice/data, multimedia content distribution, cable television network infrastructure, cable advertising systems, telephony systems, consumer electronics, software applications; 3+ years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree.
2. Minimum of 2 years product development experience.
3. Requires strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
4. Excellent verbal and written communication skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization
5. Quantitatively oriented strong analysis and research skills
6. A passion and curiosity about emerging and cutting edge technology
7. Requires demonstrated ability to think strategically about the impact of technology evolution.
8. Ability to apply critical thinking and business analysis to emerging technologies, startup venture business models as well as business trends to make recommendations on appropriate business action to Cox Media Senior Leadership Team.
9. Proven ability to work independently with little direct supervision.
10. Willingness to travel up to 35%.
1. BS/BA in related discipline strongly desired (i.e. Marketing, Business, etc.); MBA a plus.
2. Experience in telecommunications industry desired.
Cox Communications and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. We have a tradition of encouraging a wide diversity of talents through a broad range of hiring practices. Please note those individuals submitting resumes online or by mailing a resume are not considered an applicant for employment until a signed employment application form is completed, usually at the time of interview.
For more information about Cox Communications and its subsidiaries, please click here
www.cox.com, www.coxmedia.com, www.coxbusiness.com.
Statement to ALL Third Party Agencies and Similar Organizations:
Cox Communications accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox Communications employees, or send to any Cox Communications facility. Cox Communications is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.