SrDirector, Advertising Business Development, 3rd Party Revenue (43238) Atlanta, Georgia
The Sr. Director Advertising business development is Cox Medias lead resource in building revenue through new sales channels, representation agreements, joint ventures, and third party sales agreements. Significantly, this role will develop revenue streams that creatively monetize Cox Medias available on air advertising inventory through the use of new pricing and product distribution models. Strong awareness of advertising market dynamics as well as sharp quantitative capabilities are vital for success in this position.
1. Responsible for Cox Media corporate level business development which includes the strategic planning, portfolio management and corporate development processes, as well as partnerships and representation deal negotiations.
2. Supports key boundary partners in Product, Marketing, and Technology in executing business development strategies.
3. Acts as primary liaison with & supports parent company investment research, analysis, diligence including coordination of SMEs.
4. Participates in identifying, evaluating, and negotiating representation deals, partnerships, alliances, joint ventures, and start-ups in support of Cox Medias portfolio of advertising products, services and intellectual property.
5. Manages the assessment and valuation of new business opportunities and potential threats to sustainability of current advertising business plans. Negotiates partnership terms and execution plans.
6. Works with industry peers, partners, suppliers, and key organizations, etc. to understand, influence, and communicate trends and requirements in our products and services.
7. Discover and investigate emerging advertising technologies and services for fit and value creation within the Cox Media portfolio.
8. Represent Cox Media as external business leader, advocate and negotiator on specific issues in industry, inter-industry and ad hoc working groups and alliances, trade association, public policies and standards committees to promote and implement Cox's positions.
9. Drive evaluation, consensus-building, decision-making and implementation of Cox Medias strategies on specific industry issues, policies, emerging technologies, platform and convergence decisions, intellectual property rights and special projects.
10. Work closely with a cross-functional team including the field, finance, legal, engineering, marketing, operations, IT, and others to develop a consensus around and support for the strategy.
1. 10+ years of experience required in strategy, corporate/business development, portfolio management, investment management, or related field
2. Requires strong understanding of industry players, competitors, customers, vendors, and technologies required.
3. Proven ability to structure and negotiate complex business agreements addressing technology, operational, intellectual property, and policy matters.
4. Proven ability to lead, motivate and facilitate cross functional teams and bridge legal, business, operational and technology perspectives to solve complex problems.
5. Strong analytical and problem solving skills are required in addition to excellent verbal and written communication skills.
6. Excellent interpersonal, leadership, presentation, and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization
1. BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired (i.e. Marketing, Business, etc.)
2. MBA preferred
3. 3+ years of experience in a management role preferred
4. Experience in telecommunications industry desired.
Cox Communications and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. We have a tradition of encouraging a wide diversity of talents through a broad range of hiring practices. Please note those individuals submitting resumes online or by mailing a resume are not considered an applicant for employment until a signed employment application form is completed, usually at the time of interview.
For more information about Cox Communications and its subsidiaries, please click here
www.cox.com, www.coxmedia.com, www.coxbusiness.com.
Statement to ALL Third Party Agencies and Similar Organizations:
Cox Communications accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox Communications employees, or send to any Cox Communications facility. Cox Communications is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.