Technical Support Engineer II (PCK663-616) Columbia, Maryland
Sourcefire, Inc. (Nasdaq:FIRE) a world leader in Cyber Security is transforming the way Global 2000 organizations and government agencies manage and minimize network security risk. Sourcefire’s IPS and real-time adaptive security solutions provide security for the real world of dynamic networks and escalating threats. Today, the names Sourcefire and Snort have grown synonymous with innovation and Cyber Security.
The Sourcefire Technical Support group is looking for highly motivated, adaptive and flexible individuals to join our dynamic enterprise support team with the opportunity to work with cutting edge and innovative security products. The Technical Support Engineer position will be responsible for processing telephone and email requests from enterprise customers. Responsibilities in this capacity include:
- Troubleshoot system, software, and networking problems.
- Contribute documentation to a customer knowledge base.
- Testing of patch releases and product updates.
- Strong people skills, ability to work effectively with customers and other Sourcefire teams
- Strong technical and analytic skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills, ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Advanced problem solving skills, ability to develop effective long-term solutions to complex problems
- Ability to learn new skills and apply them quickly.
- Motivated team player with excellent communication skill and a positive attitude
- Familiar with Linux/Unix command line tools/environment.
- Basic Unix system administration skills
- Intermediate knowledge of TCP/IP networking
- 2-3 years Enterprise support experience
- Experience with MySql or other SQL database
- Familiar with perl and/or bash shell scripts
- Experience with Active Directory or other LDAP implementations
- Familiar with Snort or other intrusion detection system
- Experience with VMWare
- Experience in network protocol & packet analysis