Technical Product Manager - Network Security (PCK663-649) Columbia, Maryland
Sourcefire, Inc. (Nasdaq:FIRE) a world leader in Cyber Security is transforming the way Global 2000 organizations and government agencies manage and minimize network security risk. Sourcefire’s IPS and real-time adaptive security solutions provide security for the real world of dynamic networks and escalating threats. Today, the names Sourcefire and Snort have grown synonymous with innovation and Cyber Security.
Sourcefire is a dynamic environment that inspires employees to create opportunities by honing their talents and skills every day. Employees are self-motivated, results driven and engaged. We recognize and reward quality results and commitment to our company’s purposes and principles.
Sourcefire is seeking a passionate, highly collaborative leader with strong domain knowledge in network security.
As a member of the Marketing team in the Technical Product Manager role, you will:
Work in collaboration with product management leadership and Sourcefire’s engineering team to define product requirements, plans and schedules while evaluating timing, scope and resource trade-offs.
- Become an expert at Sourcefire technologies, their implementations in real-world environments, complementary solutions, and competitive products. Assess their advantages and disadvantages and help determine what product features and functionality should be built.
- Provide technical inputs to help the product management team manage the roadmap.
- Present product roadmaps and Sourcefire technical strategy to Sourcefire customers.
- Visit and call Sourcefire customers; identify key use cases, common challenges, and proposed solutions; and provide validated feedback to the product management and development teams.
- Train sales representatives and sales engineers on product usage, best practices, and technical qualification.
- Develop processes and tools for improving the evaluation and usage of Sourcefire products.
- Demonstrate specific product features to analysts, customers, and Sourcefire employees.
- Evangelize the products and product strategy both internally and externally; participating in trade shows, seminars and user conferences to represent the product.
- Collaborate with Product Marketing and Marketing Communications to create product related sales and marketing materials, including white papers and evaluation guides.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer engineering or related field.
- 3+ years product management experience or similar customer facing role.
- Background in network security. Direct, hands-on experience with network security platforms, vendors, and technologies. Knowledgeable about the IPS, firewall, and/or other network security markets.
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills required.
- An ability to work comfortably with Engineers and Sales and a proven business approach to solving technical challenges.
- Ability to travel domestically and abroad up to 20% of the time.