Lancome Director, Social Media (PCK336-73985) New York, New York
Lancome is celebrating 75 years of beauty and has epitomized beauty and glamour with a quintessential French touch. Some of the silver screen’s most iconic stars have graced the pages of Lancôme campaigns, from Isabella Rosselini, Juliette Binoche and Anne Hathaway to Julia Roberts, Kate Winslet and Penélope Cruz. Supermodels such as Daria Werbowy, Arlenis Sosa and Elettra Wiedemann are also part of the Lancôme family, as are Julia Restoin Roitfeld, Beauty at Every Age Expert Sandy Linter and YouTube sensation Michelle Phan. Lancôme produces a bevy of beloved products, including Trésor Eau de Parfum, Juicy Tubes, Bi-Facil Eye Makeup Remover and the Définicils mascara franchise that has remained a top ranking mascara for over a decade. Discover more about the brand at www.lancome-usa.com
Job Title: Director, Social Media
Supervisor Title: VP, PR & Communications
Location: 575 5th Avenue, NYC
This position has the overall responsibility of developing and executing the strategic plan supporting social media communications for Lancôme, both from a Public Relations and a Marketing perspective. Execute the plan and work closely with cross-functional brand teams to deliver the associated brand messages. Cultivate and influence new business networks in social space globally. Manage global NY-based social media agency.
- 5+ years of Digital/Communications experience with a significant focus on the digital environment
- BS/BA communications or related field
- Technology skillset (Microsoft suite, HTML)
- Expert knowledge of new media/bloggers and social influencers
Requires someone with close attention to detail, well-developed strategic thinking, organized, and able to take ideas from concept to implementation. Must have a demonstrated ability to be an idea-generator and to have success in thoughtful brand communications. Requires multi-tasker, ability to work and thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment. A passion for style, fashion, art, trend-spotting and an affinity for all new forms of communicating with the consumer.
- Background in luxury is needed
- Strong English writing abilities (similar to a copywriter), major in English is appreciated
- Strong personal taste for luxury, ability to elevate a brand, ability to set and maintain tone of voice
Judgment and Decision Making:
Daily interaction and agreement with cross functional teams on content development, strategy and needs. Need Strong decision making skills and an ability to influence others toward strategic policy decisions. Must be a proven leader in thoughts/ideas and of people to build effective communication plans.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Development of the strategic Social Media plan and identity for Lancôme; ongoing tailoring and adapting of plan as needed. 20%
2. Management of NY-based social media agency. TBD
3. Cultivation of all Digital/Social Media outreach. 15%
4. Research and introduction of new or innovative methods/platforms for social media. 10%
5. Create content (initially) and manage community. 50%
6. Management and oversight of department budget. 5%
Please note: This job description does not list all duties of the job. Employees may be asked by management to perform other duties. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.