Financial Analyst (OMG204) New York, New York
Financial Analyst Position
The North America Corporate Finance group plays a critical role in the financial and operational management of a broad and diverse portfolio of business units. The Corporate Finance team supports the North America CEO and CFO in the areas of planning, forecasting, reporting, operations and value-add analysis.
The Corporate Finance Director and Corporate Finance Manager are seeking a finance professional with 3-5 years of strong business finance experience, who possess superior financial analysis, project management and interpersonal communication skills. This position will provide financial, analytical and administrative support, with a focus on the North America business. In this role, you will set up and utilize financial models as well as conduct detailed variance analysis, assist with regional reporting and satisfy ad hoc reporting requests.
For the right candidate, this position provides an excellent opportunity to be part of a dynamic corporate finance team, with exposure to various aspects of corporate accounting as well as financial planning and analysis and provides a great environment to learn and develop.
The Financial Analyst will be responsible for various aspects of the forecast process including:
· Assist in the upload/extraction of data from financial systems.
· Reconcile and analyze data to ensure timely completion and accuracy of key financial information.
· Assist in the generation of key financial metrics and reports. Utilize financial systems to develop and update key reporting tools and outputs.
· Provide support to the Finance Director and Finance Manager for the analysis of business unit and shared service function performance.
· Assist in coordinating with the Global Finance team to ensure adherence with the perpetual reporting framework, timely collection of data and other reporting requirements.
· Assist as a key point of contact to coordinate internal information requests and various other special projects.
Skills & Qualifications
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent (CPA preferred).
· Minimum 3-5 years experience (Big 4/National accounting firm experience a plus).
· Exceptional Excel skills.
· Must be detail oriented with the ability to think strategically and analytically.
· Experience with financial reporting systems (Hyperion/Cognos a plus).
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
· Ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
· Team player who can function well in a fast paced environment and work within strict deadlines.