Executive Technician (OMG4250) New York, New York
Job Description – Executive Support Technician
Executive Support Technician
The Executive Support Tech’s primary role is to get to know the technical needs of our execs and provide excellent support to them in the office, on the road and in meetings. This position requires solid technical knowledge and excellent customer service skills. The tech will have a sense of urgency and respect for the sensitivities of the position.
• Provide excellent desk-side and remote support to executives.
• Provide computer and AV support for client meetings, onsite and at client locations.
• Respond to Help Desk requests ensuring courteous, timely, and effective resolution of end user issues.
• Follow resolution and escalation policies and procedures.
• Coordinate and/or perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
• Monitor and test fixes to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Superior executive support capability.
• Administration experience: Cisco Call Manager, BES, AD.
• Solid technical skills in AV, conferencing, mobile and laptop support.
• Exceptional customer service orientation.
• Degree in computer science or similar certification and 2 years work experience.
• Experience providing computer support in a high-pressure environment.
• Working knowledge of standard desktop and laptop computer hardware, including HP.
• Solid experience with desktop operating systems, including Windows 7. Mac a plus.
• Experience with a Helpdesk ticketing system.
• Experience in a Media or Communications company a plus.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills.
• Strong documentation skills.
• Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
• Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
• Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language to non-technical staff and end users.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Additional working hours as required.
• Sitting for extended periods of time.
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
• Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
• Some travel may be required.