Financial Analyst (OMG204) New York, New York
OMD has recently determined the need for a new position at the Financial Analyst level. The position will be part of the OMD Operations Finance Team and mainly handle the budget management and month-end close processes among other responsibilities.
The candidate will need to do and possess the following:
Financial Planning and Analysis:
• Responsible for the monthly close of actuals (payroll and expenses) for multiple departments in the group.
• Responsible for the monthly financial planning analysis (payroll and expenses) for multiple departments in the group.
• Perform variance analysis and rollforwards for reasonableness and accuracy.
• Prepare support schedules for inter/intra company allocations, accruals, and corresponding journal entries.
• Monitor department changes for p&l and payroll along with reconciliations between models.
• Understand results and respond to questions from management on their departments.
• Review, code and approve vendor and travel expenses.
• Assist as liaison between the Systems Manager and Operations to set up new vendors, job codes, etc.
• Assist in preparing and reviewing internal books which include for distribution to Management.
• Assist in the coordination with multiple Financial Directors to ensure timely submission of budgets, variance analysis and ad-hoc reporting.
• Ad-hoc reporting includes reviewing and submitting financial reports in either system [Excel, Cognos, Hyperion]. Reports include but are not limited to: Billings and Revenue, P&L’s, Payroll schedules, Hours.
• Finance/Accounting degree preferred.
• Minimum 2 years of related work experience.
• 1 year of Audit experience preferred.
• Equivalent experience in Payroll and Financial Planning/Accounting preferred.
• Strong knowledge of Excel, Pivot Tables, Lookups, etc preferred.
• Must be eager to learn and make a meaningful contribution.
• Good organizational skills with the ability to handle numerous details.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Proficient financial, analytical and problem solving skills.
• Capable of following instructions and thinking critically.
• Focused, enthusiastic with the ability to think conceptually.
• Ability to work collaboratively across functions.
• Strong communication and writing skills with the ability to effectively present to a range of audiences.
• Ability to manage multiple projects within tight timeframes.
• Proactive “can-do” attitude.
• Must demonstrate a high level of energy, commitment and a drive for results.