Senior Director, Project Manager (354992) Irvine, California
The Senior Director, Project Management is responsible for driving the translation of strategic and business unit initiatives to develop, lead, and oversee complex, cross functional projects from conception to completion for Global Sales & Client Strategy (GSCS). Manage in a matrixed, cross functional and global environment with a focus on developing, implementing and driving department and industry best practices, governance standards, processes and metrics through efficiency and cost-effective delivery. Partner with senior level management to ensure plans are integrated with broader corporate, segment and/or functional strategies, budgets, schedules and plans. Influence internal leadership on decisions relating to critical priorities and schedules. Accountable for developing, defining and executing project plans, schedules, budgets and deliverables. Identify resources for projects, define and assign major project roles to staff through matrixed environment. Ensure project steps are in alignment with business objectives, on-time and within budgets. Develop, modify and execute policies and standard processes, tools and analysis that management uses to make effective decisions. Responsible for establishment of KPl’s around delivery in terms of quality and timeliness of delivery. Is the driving force behind process and best practices for defining, tracking and communicating GSCS deliverables in a consistent and effective manner. Provide budget analysis, resource allocation and management of project activities across functional areas within the organization. Monitor reliability and any internal issues that appear as a result of the project(s). Has regular contact with senior level management inside and outside the company; contacts involve clarification or modification of projects, plans, operational decisions, technical matters, and/or scheduling requirements. Essential Functions/Responsibilities
- Responsible for all aspects of the coordination and implementation of Go-to-Market projects from original concept through final execution. Partner and collaborate with stakeholders throughout the Segment to gain consensus, establish goals and objectives, and drive project completion. Negotiate for necessary resources to meet the project objectives. Manage scope definition of projects, high level deliverables and implementation milestones. Assist head of Global Sales & Client Strategy with governance and moving labor across Segment product development projects under the direction of Product Management and Market leaders.
- Advise and make recommendations to management on strategic direction. Identify opportunities for automation, standardization, cost savings, and business improvement. Identify gaps, develop strategy, and create operational plans in support of Company vision.
- Manage project teams to deliver projects effectively and on time. Manage overall project schedules, prioritization and action plans to ensure project commitments are met. Manage issues, monitors scope of project and performs risk management functions.
- Outsourcing liaison to offshore project management to ensure that offshore PMO are adhering to Data and Analytics Product Development PMO standards and practices.
- Manage functional reporting requirement, develop metrics and measure project success.
- Manage resolution of problems with reporting and has responsibility for maintenance of reporting systems.