Big Data Developer - London - £550 p/d (JG014) London, England
|Salary:||GBP500 - GBP550 per day|
Big Data Developer – London –– £550 p/d
My client is looking a Big Data Developer that is passionate about their work and has experience in Hadoop with a deep understanding of Object-Oriented design and extensive experience in Java, Big Data and Hadoop technologies.
About the Big Data Developer Role:
The Big Data Developer role will involve a new transformational program for a UK customer focusing on Big Data and advanced visualization capabilities. This role requires a Data Engineer who will be working on the continuing design, build, commission and testing of the Big Data Platform of the company’s client.
The successful candidate will be involved in developing data ingestion pipelines using Java/ Scala, Kafka, Samsa and Hbase. They will also carry out agile development, 3rd line support, continuous integration, as well as unit testing and documentation.
- Good experience in Hadoop/ HDFS (Hortonworks Distribution)
- Hbase, Kafka, Kerberos, Drools
- Graph DBs (ideally Datastax Enterprise, TinkerPop, Gremlin)
- Big data architecture, Real time data processing, Spark, Kafka, Samsa
- Java 8
- Spring/ Spring Boot and spring data rest
- BDD (specifically Cucumber)
- Microservices architecture
- Experience working within a Scrum team and be familiar with CI development techniques and environments
- AWS cloud
This is initially a 24 month contract, and the rate of pay is £550 p/d. Please note that this role is OUTSIDE IR35.
Apply To this Role:
Roles like this are rare and are often snapped up very quickly, so do not hesitate and apply now to get your foot in the door! Send your CV or contact me on 01915005867 for a confidential chat to discuss this role and other roles I am actively working on.
At Mortimer Bell International, we also operate a “Refer a Friend” scheme. If you know someone who matches the criteria of this role, forward their name and contact number to: and providing your referral is placed in a new position, you will receive £250 worth of holiday vouchers.