Retirement Account Specialist w/ Training & Licensing Program (PCK333-227630) Houston, Texas
Retirement Account Specialist
Are you looking for a unique opportunity that provides long term career development in a growing and lucrative marketplace? Do you seek a company that is willing to invest time, resources and guidance towards your professional development? Then set yourself apart by joining our exclusive team of licensed account specialists, retirement advisors and financial advisors who work with the most affluent clients of VALIC.
VALIC is proud to be one of the largest retirement plan services providers in the United States, with nearly 26,000 client groups and over 2 million participants. With our array of products and services, you can take a personalized approach to retirement and wealth planning, offering customized solutions for individual needs.
Our Retirement Account Specialist service and sell financial products to existing and new clients of VALIC. Successful Retirement Account Specialist demonstrate the ability to develop relationships with Financial Advisors in the field and are proficient in communicating, educating and developing trusting relationships with clients over the phone. Retirement Account Specialist assist clients in making critical decisions that help them achieve both their short term and long term financial goals, by educating existing and potential investors on retirement planning, distribution planning, and tax considerations.
This position is located in North Houston at our Greenspoint office. It is a phone-based sales position with providing both a base salary plus commission from sales.
1. Training – Retirement Account Specialists will go through a 6 week training period including sales, product, technical, practice management, phone skills and production training
2. Company Paid Licensing – the Series 6, 63 and Texas Life License are required, but VALIC will pay for the exams as well as all of the necessary materials and study time needed for you to be successful
3. Ongoing Training & Development– individual and group training is provided in the following areas: Taxes, Investments, Insurance, Estate Planning, Sales and Financial Planning
4. Opportunity for Advancement – with the excellent training program and team environment individuals have the ability to master the skills necessary to be considered for higher level Sales positions within the company
5. Benefits – we offer an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401K with company matching, a Pension Plan, Merchant Discount Program and more!
• Demonstrate a drive for success and results with an understanding that the client is always first
• Committed to add value to oneself, the department and organization daily
• Competitive in nature and able to take action with limited supervision
• Demonstrate product and sales knowledge or the capacity to learn these skills
• Detail-oriented with an ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment
• Possess excellent communication skills necessary to gain the credibility and trust of internal partners and external clients
• Bachelor's Degree preferred and/or 2+ years of sales experience working in a related field
• The ability to obtain FINRA Series 6 and 63 as well as the State Variable Life and Health License