Big Data Solution Architect (PCK333-245394) New York County, New York
Location: Tri-state area (remote)
The Big Data Solutions Architect is responsible for the overall design and solution architecture of large-scale enterprise big data and advanced analytics implementations. The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker, strong analytics background and team player, comfortable working at a fast pace, and carries considerable experience with enterprise big data implementations, data integration, data management, advanced analytic software applications, excellent knowledge of technical concepts, and knowledge of master data management, metadata management, and Service Oriented Architecture.
1. Owns the Big Data solution architecture, from a enterprise data management point of view
2. Participates in the development of data related Reference Architecture for the Data Domain.
3. Reviews the design and implementation of architecture components and map them to the long term vision.
4. Provides leadership, direction and guidance to business unit and corporate function teams developing data centric solutions.
5. Define high level architecture and technology strategies, best practices, guidelines and standards for data technology products, and data management capabilities offered by the EDM organization
6. Operate with a team of architects, software developers & engineers - in a setting that involves interacting with Project Management, Development, Quality Engineering, Operations & Support.
7. Participate in platform or vendor selection for all major software initiatives.
products & services, ensuring any proposed solution is extensible, scalable, and manageable
Bachelor’s degree and or equivalent, Computer Science degree preferred , Masters Degress desired
Minimum of 7 years experience as a Solutions Architect or similar role(s)
Proven track record in implementing enterprise big data management processes and tools and for managing metadata for advanced analytics systems
Strong big data management, advanced analytic software experience, Large scale data warehousing and data Integration experienced desired
Preferred experience in Cloudera, Big Insights, Hadoop, Netezza, SAS, Quikview and/or Tableau, IBM Information Services (IIS) (e.g., Data Stage, Profile Stage, Quality Stage, Information Analyzer, Metadata Management, Business Glossary)
Excellent organizational, planning and analytical skills.
Excellent communication skills; comfortable working directly with business needs.
Excellent problem –solving skills, able to formulate creative solutions to day-to-day problems and make good decisions on the fly.