Credit Research Senior Analyst/Technical Expert (PCK333-213136) New York County, New York
The newly created Credit Research Department of AIG’s Enterprise Risk Management Group is looking to recruit a Senior Technical Expert. The team conducts credit market surveillance and analysis across multiple sectors including corporate, financial institutions, real estate, municipal and sovereign. The expert will have opportunities to participate in a broad range of credit related projects, including:
• Gather economic/financial data, build and maintain credit-related databases; Construct, evaluate and improve credit risk indicators in different market segments (e.g., housing, banking, corporate, consumer credit, etc.);
• Analyze and monitor emerging credit trends/events along multiple dimensions, including macro/household fundamentals, housing, MBS market, banking, corporate HY, Muni, and sovereign; identify key risk signals and topics for deep-dive analysis;
• Work with the team to respond to real-time requests; prepare clear and concise presentations/reports for the senior management.
• A Master (MBA/MS) or Ph.D. in economics, finance, accounting or related quantitative subjects (e.g., quantitative finance, financial engineering, etc.).
• 6-9 years’ experience in economic/capital market research, experience in economic forecasting a strong plus.
• Broad knowledge of fixed income market (e.g., bond, Muni, RMBS, etc), corporate/bank accounting statements, and consumer credit (e.g., mortgage).
• Experience with macro economic data and other financial databases (e.g., Compustat, bank Call report, credit ratings), working knowledge of Bloomberg a must.
• Strong econometric/statistical skills; experience with SAS or STATA highly preferred;
• Excellent writing and oral communications skills.
• A motivated self-starter, quick-learner and flexible team-player.