SENIOR SYSTEMS ANALYST (PCK333-251292) Jersey City, New Jersey
The job opening is for a Senior Sytem Analyst who will work across various global initiatives supporting the enhancements required in the US Regulatory business function to accommodate the new provisions mandated by the Federal Reserve. The candidate will play a key role in the implementation of regulatory reporting solution utilizing Axiom Controller View to ensure the firm’s successful response and timely compliance to the commitments to the regulators.
1. Consolidated Filing (FRY9C & FRY9LP)
2. Legal Entity Filing (FRY11 & FR2314)
3. Country Exposure Report (009)
Job’s home location will be Livingston NJ with initial travel to New York while the function is established
• Interpret/understand Business Requirements Documents for the Regulatory Filings
• Translate business requirements into functional requirements and technical design
• Participate in design discussions under the leadership of Project Manager and develop all foundational artifacts required to commence with build.
• Build data sourcing, data models, loading and extraction interfaces for Axiom CV.
• Design data validations and controls
• Develop portfolio and aggregation modules, free-form and tabular reports.
• Perform Unit Testing, generate results and support QA and User Acceptance Testing.
• Production support for Axiom platform for filing activities.
• Work with the firm's scheduling tool, Autosys, to automate batch processes
• Assist in installation and configuration of various regulatory reporting forms in Axiom CV platform.
• 5+ years of application development experience with at least 3 years with Axiom Controller View platform
• Proven Experience of SQL, Performance Tuning and Optimization in SQL Server 2008/Oracle 11g
• Experience and knowledge in the following areas:
• Interpret and understand functional specifications.
• Writing technical design documents adhering to predefined standards.
• Liaising with the Project Manager /Business Analyst to ensure all new components are consistent with overall design.
• Axiom hands on development of Axiom modules - Data Source coding, portfolio, aggregation, freeform reports, tabular reports and workflow.
• Ensuring code written meets the predefined company and department standards.
Quality Assurance & Testing:
• Deliver code which results in a defect run rate of less than 5% of all test cases in UAT
• Creating and maintaining unit tests with an aim for 90% code coverage
• Providing support during QA and UAT test phases
• Diagnosis and resolution of defects found during QA and UAT test phases
• Familiarity with Regulations that apply to a BHC (Bank Holding Company) and how they relate to submissions to the FED (Dodd-Frank knowledge a huge plus)
• Familiarity with Accounting System/Consolidation packages (ex. SAP BPC) and knowledge of basic accounting rules and terminologies.
• Familiarity of Scheduler (ex. Autosys)
• Working knowledge of change management and source code control tool (ex. Serena Dimensions)
• Familiarity with complex system integration and software development life cycles.
• Familiarity with Testing tools (i.e. HP Quality Center).
• Highly-motivated team player - enthusiastic and eager to learn.
• Demonstrates initiative / pro-active – dedicated, reliable and detail oriented.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills - capable of dealing with diversity.
• Ability to work in a virtual team, across boundaries - ability to multi-task / self-sufficient.
• Ability to establish direction and drive progress - knowledge of financial products.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to foster working relationships with all stakeholders.