Compliance Analyst Programmer (PCK333-218029) New York County, New York
AIG Corporate has an opportunity for a Compliance Analyst Programmer in New York. You will be responsible for assisting the Senior Compliance Officer, Risk Management and Reporting in supporting all ongoing activities related to the development, implementation and maintenance of databases and reporting for AIG's corporate compliance risk management program.
This would include preparation of monthly, quarterly and/or ad hoc reports for senior management, as well as developing reporting on key information relating to ongoing risk assessments and mitigation controls, monitoring and testing, training, certifications, policies and procedures, investigations and other elements of the Global Compliance Program. This person will report directly to the Senior Compliance Officer, Risk Management and Reporting.
Other responsibilities for this role will include:
• In coordination with other members of the Global Compliance Group and Business Unit Chief Compliance Officers, Operational Risk Management and Internal Audit Division, the Compliance Officer will oversee the development and maintenance of effective and efficient systems and databases to gather, retain, and report (including spreadsheets, charts, presentations) on key data and metric of various elements of the Global Compliance Program, as appropriate and as requested.
• Work with Business Unit compliance officers to develop data capture and reporting capabilities to ensure that compliance initiatives, compliance risk assessments, compliance training and compliance monitoring and testing results are captured at the business unit level and adequately reported to Global Compliance Group. Verify that Business Units have appropriate procedures and processes to support AIG’s compliance reporting requirements.
• Seek to proactively develop advanced database and reporting capabilities within the Global Compliance Group, including development of SharePoint sites, Access Databases, Excel, VBA and/or other database integrations or systems to assist the effective and efficient compilation of information and development of superior reporting capabilities.
• Analyze and identify global trends and develop regular reporting of risk metrics. Notify senior management of findings and work with Business Unit compliance officers and the Director of Compliance Risk Management to implement any necessary controls.
• Work with Operational Risk Management, Internal Audit, and other corporate functions to ensure proper implementation and monitoring of the corporate compliance risk management program.
• Monitor company-wide compliance initiatives, training and risk assessments the results of which contribute to periodic reporting capabilities.
• Provide project management oversight for global compliance initiatives.
• Support the global reporting process through collection and production of data from Compliance Business Units globally.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in developing global compliance risk management programs.
• Working knowledge of Insurance and/or Financial Services industry.
• Developer/programmer experience in Access, Excel VBA, SharePoint.
• Undergraduate degree from accredited university; licenses and/or certifications in field a plus.
• IT and risk management, audit or compliance experience preferred.
• Proficient in MS Office suite of programs.
• Experience in developing risk and compliance reports for senior management.
• Knowledge of regulator reporting requirements including Federal Reserve, SEC, and other federal or state banking or insurance regulators.
• Strong project management skills.
• Demonstrated ability to influence and work effectively within a highly-matrixed organization with employees at all levels.
• Self-starter with the ability to meet or exceed deadlines, prioritize, multi-task, and maintain flexibility in fast-paced, changing environment.
• Ability to confront conflict and difficult issues in a professional, assertive and proactive manner.
• Strong problem-solving and project management skills.
• Excellent organizational, written, verbal and presentation skills.