Financial Analyst, Senior (PCK333-248960) Los Angeles, California
Picture yourself building a successful career at AIG Life and Retirement working alongside other talented, highly motivated individuals committed to reaching our goal of becoming the premier provider of protection, investment and income solutions needed for financial and retirement security. We believe that our success depends on building a world class team. If you would like to be a part of our team, we invite you to consider putting your talents to work with the Business Analysis team for AIG Financial Distributers located in Woodland Hills.
The candidate will work with the Assistant Vice President of Business Analysis for AIG Distributors supporting Retirement Income Solutions (RIS), a division of AIG Life and Retirement, on projects, presentations, data analysis, budgeting, and reporting with regard to RIS sales activities.
The position reports directly to the Assistant Vice President of Business Analysis for AIG Distributors for Retirement Income Solutions division.
• Develop and maintain regular monthly expense reporting and variance analysis for assigned sales cost centers.
• Consolidate RIS sales and expense reporting and analysis across selected product lines.
• Perform monthly closing activities for assigned cost centers.
• Work with sales management to develop the annual budget and quarterly forecasts for AIG Distributors for the RIS division.
• Provide periodic internal and industry sales reporting and analysis to AIG Distributors management.
• Work closely with AVP on senior management presentations and reporting packages.
• Perform ad hoc report assignments as requested by management.
• Other duties as assigned.
The Ideal Candidate Should Have:
• Over 3 years’ experience in related analyst role preferred.
• BA/BS required; CPA or MBA preferred.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; must be able to communicate with several different levels of management across departments.
• Aptitude to access data from several sources and create management quality reports.
• Strong knowledge of Excel, including pivot tables, vlookups, etc.
• Highly organized, with demonstrated ability to handle large amounts of data and conflicting priorities.
• Must be able to work independently and demonstrate initiative.