Associate Information Officer (PCK333-248966) Jersey City, New Jersey
The Global Claims Technology (GCT) Associate Information Officer is responsible for managing overall structure, planning, scoping, analysis and execution of assigned projects and programs across the global Shared Services organization.
The AIO will be responsible for oversight, and mentoring of one or more junior project managers and/or project reporting specialists. The AIO should expect to continue to build and expand their experience of managing larger strategic initiatives.
This position will interact closely with senior management in various business units and corporate functions. You will use your strong influencing, relationship and leadership skills to manage a cross-functional team of non-direct reports to deliver defined programs of work.
• Manage the delivery of assigned GCT projects and programs focused on Shared Service Centers
• Plan, scope and lead new and ongoing Shared Services initiatives
• Manage internal and external dependencies and liaise with dependent projects
• Ensure key risks and issues are identified, documented, mitigated and communicated to the appropriate stakeholders in a timely manner
• Adopt project management processes established through the central PMO, including risk and issue management, dependency management, status reporting, change control, etc.
• Manage resource plans and forecast financial spend against the budget under the direction of the business owner
• Develop business cases for projects, get approval for funding and obtain buy-in from key stakeholders
• Conduct after action project reviews and ensure lessons learned are integrated into the project.
• Provide the team with cost/benefit summaries for each project and assist with identifying and tracking actual benefits resulting from the projects
• Provide the team with regular status reports for each project, including changes in scope or timeline, progress and milestones reached, significant issues, and major next steps
• Provide Portfolio Analytics and Operational reports to the IT executive team and others as requested
• Prepare presentations to be used for team and senior management status reporting meetings
• Establish project status reporting process and cycle (i.e. immediacy of turnaround)
• Support the development, implementation, and oversee governance dimensions of the overall program, including, but not limited to status reporting, risk management and dependency management
• For assigned efforts, develop a well-defined and broadly accepted project charter to establish project scope. Develop and manage a detailed project plan, scheduling and facilitating meetings, documenting meeting outcomes, escalating issues as needed, establishing and following a communication plan as well as closing significant open items identified during due diligence, ensuring operational activities are completed in a quality and timely manner.
• Partner with management, project team members and all stakeholders to define project scope, resource requirements, budget, timeline, deliverables and milestones.
• Define and refine project objectives and tasks, evaluating various courses of action and selecting the best alternative to attain project goals.
• Participate in the identification/review of the organization’s risk management policies and procedures, assessing the risk tolerance levels of stakeholders and identify preliminary risk for project viability. Manage risk throughout the project life cycle and make contingency plans to manage issues that pose risk to budget, time delivery or functionality
• Identify/define clear roles for each member of the project team and establish operating guidelines. Providing leadership to the project team, and build trust/confidence among team members.
• Support the executive and business sponsors, where necessary, in developing business cases and securing business case approval from the relevant investment governance body.
• Drive project / program execution to ensure that projected benefits to the business are realized.
An assertive and creative individual possessing the following background and skills
• Strong written and oral communications skills, and the ability to communicate complex concepts and strategies between different communities of people
• Ability to negotiate agreements that gain acceptance of all stakeholders
• Proven track record of relationship building at the highest business unit and management levels
• Intellectual curiosity, a strong work ethic and commitment to a superior work product
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Resourceful and creative in approach to research and problem-solving
• Must be able to operate independently with minimal supervision
• Strong teamwork, interpersonal, relationship and presentation skills
• Ability to synthesize and clearly communicate findings of analyses
• Possess strategic thinking skills
• Excellent Project Management skills
• Experience coordinating with a formal Project Management Organization (PMO) across the lifecycle of multiple projects
• Proven experience managing large scale change management and strategic initiatives across large multinational organizations, preferably in a corporate setting and in an organization with a global workforce
• Experience in leading and developing teams of analysts and project managers in the delivery of large scale change management programs of work
• Experience in developing and delivering presentations to senior management outlining program benefits, status, issues and recommendations
• Bachelors degree in Business, Management and/or Technology or related experience in Operations, Business Strategy and/or Change Management
• Advanced degree and PMP certification preferred, but not required