Business Development Manager (PCK333-233953) District of Columbia, USA
AIG is a world leading property-casualty and general insurance organization serving more than 40 million clients in over 160 countries and jurisdictions. With a 90-year history, one of the industry’s most extensive ranges of products and services, deep claims expertise and excellent financial strength, AIG enables its commercial and personal insurance clients alike to manage virtually any risk with confidence.
The primary role of the business development manager is to: manage the daily production of producers within assigned territory; implement book and producer management improvement strategies; and cultivate new business development opportunities and referral sources. Individuals applying for this position demonstrate a clear understanding of the independent agency distribution system and have a strong knowledge of personal lines insurance, underwriting, customer service, and marketing concepts.
• Bachelors degree or relevant experience
• Candidate should have a minimum of 3 years marketing or related insurance experience.
• Possesses a track record of achieving results within assigned territory
• Demonstrates leadership, collaboration, listening, negotiating, and influencing skills
• Possesses a track record of proactively creating and maintaining strong internal and external relationships with producers, centers of influence, team members, and management.
• Experience with territory management and identifying producer needs to maximize production objectives to meet goals within the independent agency distribution channel
• Demonstrates a strong market knowledge with competencies in property casualty personal lines products as well as an understanding of marketing, underwriting, and customer service processes
• Identifies complex problems and reviews related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
• Utilization of strategies to optimize product, services and branding over competition
• Possesses strong presentation, verbal and communication skills
• Readily adjusts priorities to respond to pressing and changing workplace demands.
• High level of competency with common workplace computer technology – especially Microsoft Suite, SalesForce, and Insight.