Associate Credit Officer (PCK333-233074) New York County, New York
• Attend AIG Investments credit committee meetings as the ERM representative. Provide senior members of credit team analysis and assessment of risk in proposed deals.
• Assist in the initial assignment of internal credit rating assignments, and subsequent updates. Part of this responsibility will include fundamental credit analysis/assessment (e.g. financials, some projection modeling) on the larger and/or higher risk obligors within the portfolios of responsibility.
• Generate and produce industry/sector credit research within the municipal sector (i.e. unemployment rates, tax revenue analysis) and the structured products/real estate universe (i.e. housing prices, macroeconomic indicators).
• Partner with the credit operations team in producing an early warning reporting system on the exposures below a stated threshold amount.
• Develop a work process that allows ERM oversight of individual ratings set by the business lines to determine adequacy and any credit driven changes.
• Acting as liaison with AIG Property/Casualty credit analysts to satisfactorily resolve any situations where there are discrepancies between AIG Investments ERM view and their view on particular obligors as well as when there is a hand-off of internal risk rating responsibility to AIG Investments.
• Over time, assume primary credit responsibility for an asset class/portfolio which includes being the main contact for AIG Investments and Investments ERM senior credit officers on issues related to that particular asset class/portfolio
• 5-7 years credit experience in financial services, asset management, private equity/real estate and/or insurance with experience with controls, risk management and/or operations in a trading environment.
• Solid credit risk management experience with an emphasis in the structured products, real estate, corporate and/or municipal sectors.
• Strong track record of sound decision making and use of delegated credit authority.
• High degree of credit analysis, underwriting, and due diligence skills.
• Knowledge of and experience with Fixed Income products across bonds and loans.
• BA or BS required. Graduate degree or professional certification (CFA) would be a plus.
• Able to simplify difficult concepts and challenges by thinking analytically about component parts.
• Demonstrates sound commercial sense and risk judgment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Word