Senior Cognos Reporting Specialist (PCK333-248683) Los Angeles, California
Picture yourself building a successful career at AIG Life and Retirement working alongside other talented, highly motivated individuals committed to reaching our goal of becoming the premier provider of protection, investment and income solutions needed for financial and retirement security. We believe that our success depends on building a world class team. If you would like to be a part of our team, we invite you to consider putting your talents to work with the Sales Management Support team for AIG Financial Distributers located in Woodland Hills.
As a Senior Cognos Reporting Specialist you will design and develop complex Business Intelligence reports, dashboards and portal objects using Cognos BI Suite, Version 10 for variable annuity reporting.
In this position you will report to the AVP of Sales Management Support for our Distribution Group.
• Interface with senior management to determine specifications, design solutions, test and reconcile results, and formulate a distribution plan.
• Develop a consolidated reporting structure for various areas of the corporation.
• Support wholesaler compensation area by investigating and reporting on problems associated with published reporting.
• Understand and implement predictive analysis tools within our Cognos 10 environment.
• Leverage IBM Cognos Business Intelligence tools to analyze and develop or improve variable annuity reporting for the Internal, External Customers, including Senior Management.
• Advise Business Systems Analysts, technical managers and users to help them define business requirements and objectives in the implementation of IBM Cognos Based Solutions
• Triage a wide range of data issues, perform research & analysis required to determine root cause and work with the Data Management Team and Source System owners for remediation
• Research/learn new and converging technologies and make recommendations with respect to their applicability or integration with existing architecture. Provides knowledge transfer to business users and/or developers.
• Assist in QA, user acceptance testing of changes EDW data, reconciliation and data quality efforts
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
• Minimum of five years of experience in systems analysis, requirements definition, system design and system implementation and hands on advanced experience with all the Cognos 10 BI studios including Report Studio, Analysts Studio and Advanced Report Studio.
• Experience in system programming, development, and/or advanced skills using database query and BI tools.
• Extensive practical knowledge in importing data for use in report software, spreadsheets, graphs, etc.
• Good understanding of the technical architecture and functionality of Data Warehouse, Data Marts, and Operational Data Stores.
• Ability to coordinate and manager system upgrades & migration. Experience with system quality assurance (QA) and testing methodologies.
• Must have experience designing consolidated dashboards, scheduling of automated reporting delivery, construct visualization models, and reconcile data from various different big data sources.
• Project management experience
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to make presentations and conduct training preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.