Manager IT Risk and Compliance (PCK333-216947) New York County, New York
This position will coordinate the execution of activities required for the development, communication and management of policies, controls and practices supporting IT compliance and information security objectives.
In addition, ensures the effectiveness of IT compliance and security activities; where required will assist in developing and executing mitigation plans for control deficiencies.
Position will also support the activities related to performing the on-going control self-assessment reviews across the various Global Finance groups.
• Ability to manage and conduct (as needed) self-assessments testing for Global Finance O&S group to meet policy requirements under the ITSRC and ORM programs.
• Provide support to the Global Finance O&S IT compliance management team in helping to gather documentation to be provided in response to Federal Reserve requests, first day letter, other regulatory exams, audits, and self-assessments, etc.
• Maintaining regular communication with the responsible Global Finance IT process owners to track on-going remediation efforts for existing IT control gaps, helping to drive remediation efforts to completion.
• Develop meaningful reporting and tracking for IT audit and self assessment results and identify/notify owners across global finance O&S responsible for responding to the identified issues and findings.
• Support the implementation of IT ORM framework to meet AIG ORM & ITSRC requirements for IT risk management; including the implementation of KRIs and risk monitoring process.
• Ability to train less experienced staff in performing self-assessment testing procedures, providing consistent supervision and review of completed work product.
• Bachelor's or master's degree in business, accounting, finance, computer science, information systems, engineering, or a related discipline.
• 5-8 years experience in compliance management or audit, preferably in the insurance or financial services industry.
• 3+ years experience in the insurance or financial services industry.
• Interpersonal Skills: Excellent inter-personal skills, able to work independently and a key contributor in a team environment.
• Experience in performing IT risk and compliance assessments utilizing a risk based approach to drive testing effectiveness.
• Extensive experience in developing management action plans to remediate identified control deficiencies across a wide variety of IT functions, systems, and applications.
• Strong writing and presentation development skills.
• Familiarity with regulatory expectations and leading industry practices required for large financial services/insurance institution.
• Understanding of project management methodologies and tools, including prior experience managing diverse, cross-functional, cross-departmental projects and technologies.
• Experience in interfacing with senior management, including C-suite employees.