Lancome, Manager, Visual Merchandising (PCK336-38312) New York, New York
Lancome is celebrating 75 years of beauty and has epitomized beauty and glamour with a quintessential French touch. Some of the silver screen’s most iconic stars have graced the pages of Lancôme campaigns, from Isabella Rosselini, Juliette Binoche and Anne Hathaway to Julia Roberts, Kate Winslet and Penélope Cruz. Supermodels such as Daria Werbowy, Arlenis Sosa and Elettra Wiedemann are also part of the Lancôme family, as are Julia Restoin Roitfeld, Beauty at Every Age Expert Sandy Linter and YouTube sensation Michelle Phan.
Lancôme produces a bevy of beloved products, including Trésor Eau de Parfum, Juicy Tubes, Bi-Facil Eye Makeup Remover and the Définicils mascara franchise that has remained a top-ranking mascara for over a decade.
Discover more about the brand at www.lancome-usa.com
This position is responsible for creating and protecting the luxury image of the assigned brand/category, working with marketing teams, developing concepts and designs including displays and merchandising for all points of distribution in US. Develops and maintains relationships with suppliers and key visual merchandisers at the retailer level to assist in executing brand image in store. Develop monthly merchandising guidelines for Department and Specialty Stores.
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Develop and update merchandising directives for distribution and communication to the field. Coordinate with marketing teams to ensure merchandising directions are compatible with the marketing programs. Manage daily workflow and coordinate with other creative team members to ensure projects are timely and cohesive with brand image.
2. Work closely and advise marketing, sales and creative leads on function, design, quantity, allocation and shipping of merchandising initiatives for retail accounts.
3. Map and merchandise new store opening plans and coordinate merchandising tool allocation accordingly.
4. Develop and maintain solid and productive working relationships with suppliers and visual merchandising directors at the retail store level to ensure successful execution of brand image.
5. Conduct value analysis with Purchasing & Marketing teams on an on-going basis.
- Bachelor degree in Art and minimum of 5 years of experience in design and/or merchandising.
- Accustomed to managing multiple concurrent assignments while meeting deadlines and demanding quality execution.
- Solid understanding of the luxury cosmetic business and able to interpret concept for a department store environment.
- Must be able to present ideas with strong persuasion and design within cost guidelines.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite and Mac: Illustrator, Photoshop, In Design, Quark and After Effects.