Talent Acquisition Consultant - Chicago (PCK333-256659) Chicago, Illinois
VALIC, a member company of American International Group, Inc. (AIG), specializes in retirement savings and investment products and services, including individual variable and fixed annuities, group retirement products, mutual funds, financial planning and investment advisory services and guaranteed investment contracts. We serve seven million customers through our vast distribution network of registered representatives, independent broker-dealers, national and regional securities firms, banks and insurance agencies.
We are currently seeking a Talent Acquisition Consultant to join VALIC in Chicago, IL. We need your help to find, qualify and recruit Financial Advisors in order to grow our business.
What You Will Be Doing:
Find, assess, engage, hire, and on-board the highest quality candidates, especially in the critical skill areas. Assess candidate skills, background and fit so as to predict performance levels and styles with a high degree of accuracy. Stay abreast of marketplace trends and competitor practices in order to educate hiring management and build or maintain a competitive advantage for VALIC.
1. Manage the full life-cycle of the recruiting process.
a. Build clear candidate and position/performance profiles.
b. Contract with each and every hiring manager on search timeline, milestones and sourcing plans.
c. Recruit / Source, contact, screen and interview candidates.
d. Assess candidate’s competency to include job fit, motivational fit and culture fit.
e. Complete the recruiting process, including facilitating selection, negotiating offers and owning the relationship between the candidate and VALIC.
f. Manage requisitions through the Applicant Tracking Tool (PeopleFluent).
g. Provide progress reports and scorecards to Regional Leadership & Hiring Managers.
2. Assess the current situation in recruiting for the sales regions you support. Meet with hiring managers and learn critical aspects of position, indicators of success, and ideal candidate profile.
3. Identify and utilize internal and external resources available to assist in proactively seeking talent in a competitive recruiting environment.
4. Learn and utilize all technologies and process requirements in order to comply with business unit standards (PeopleFluent is AIG’s Applicant Tracking Tool) and other internal HR Systems.
5. Familiarize yourself with the different business and operational groups within VALIC that serve as stakeholders and partners in the recruitment process: Licensing, Agent Compensation, Relationship / Group Management, Internal & External Wholesaling, Product Development, Market & Vertical Strategy Groups.
6. Develop short and longer term sourcing strategies by partnering with Sales Leaders and Hiring Managers.
7. Act as a vendor liaison and be engaged in the management of such vendor relationships.
We are looking for results-oriented professional with the ability and desire to work in a fast-paced and somewhat ambiguous corporate environment. The preferred candidate will possess:
• Bachelor’s degree
• 3 - 5 years corporate recruiting and/or external recruitment experience while supporting Sales positions required
• Ability to think critically
• Incredibly well organized with the ability to learn and adapt quickly to process changes and different technology systems
• Proficiency with automated applicant tracking tools, Email Systems, web-based recruiting resources and MS Office
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels in the organization