Regulatory Affairs Advisor (41667BR) Calgary Region, Canada
Represent the interests of BP in regulatory proceedings in Canada and formulate the related positions and strategies for regulatory issues. The regulatory function is responsible for ensuring alignment with commercial objectives and BP policies
• Build and engage established relationships with legislative and regulatory bodies.
• Represent BP interest to regulators in development of financial regulatory reform. Coordinate with other BP businesses regarding advocacy and implementation of financial reform regulations.
• Collaborate with other BUs in BP to engage and educate in order to influence Canadian government policy outcomes for the commercial benefit of the business, markets and customers.
Support business strategy in the regulatory environment
Coordinate and manage the internal process to formulate positions and strategies related to regulatory issues and ensure alignment with commercial objectives and BP policies:
• Identify and monitor regulatory developments by administrative tribunals, such as the NEB and FERC, and communicate all proceedings of interest and material developments in the same. Publish a regular update for key stakeholders in BP.
• Ensure that all new and amended laws, rules and regulations potentially impacting BP commercial activities are identified promptly. Develop process for securing appropriate interpretation of same by appropriate function(s) and provide relevant training.
• Represent the interests of BP in regulatory proceedings in Canada.
• Oversee license and export permit filing requirements.
Provide ongoing advice on regulatory questions arising from the business and provide sign off or conditions on proposed new business or new activity integration
Degree in Business or Law
10 or more years in a regulatory or related commercial role in the oil and gas industry