Assistant General Counsel - Global Consumer Insurance (PCK333-218035) New York County, New York
AIG Property Casualty has an opportunity for an Assistant General Counsel - Global Consumer Insurance to join its Legal team in the New York Office.
Performance objectives in this role are as follows:
• Work closely with attorneys from regional and local legal teams around the world to address legal, regulatory and compliance issues of all types; establish professional networks and business relationships within Global Consumer Insurance and other areas of AIG.
• Draft contracts, memoranda, opinions and policy wordings; coordinate with local counsel on local addenda to global contracts.
• Provide day-to-day legal counsel and advice to business units, functions and operating teams based on review and interpretation of governing laws and regulations and internal policies and guidelines.
• Review and approve marketing material and website content.
• Assist with the implementation of AIG policies and guidelines.
• Follow global legal and regulatory developments; identify business, legal and regulatory trends and issues potentially impacting the industry and the Global Consumer Insurance business.
The Ideal Candidate Should Have:
• Juris Doctor; U.S. state bar admission; minimum 6+ years of legal experience in insurance law with a law firm and/or international insurance company.
• Solid understanding of consumer property casualty business (Accident & Health and Personal Lines).
• Must have transactional experience.
• Strong research, drafting and analytical skills.
• Ability to work collaboratively with peers and internal clients.
• Ability to identify issues, gather and organize relevant information, devise solutions and action plans and obtain requisite support from business and law department leaders.
• Ability to orally express ideas and positions with clarity and confidence in individual and group settings; ability to produce written communications that are clearly stated and well organized.