Senior Claim Rep (PCK333-204847) Orange, California
Picture yourself building a successful career at Chartis working alongside other talented, highly motivated individuals committed to reaching our goal of becoming the #1 insurance provider and changing the way Americans think about, purchase and use insurance. We believe that our success depends on building a world class team. If you would like to be a part of our team, we invite you to consider putting your talents to work with the Santa Ana Claims team.
As a member of the Claims team you will be responsible for investigating, negotiating, and resolution of lost time worker’s compensation claims. Upon meeting eWork eligibility requirements you may have the opportunity to work from home in this position.
This position reports to a Field Claim Director and will work closely with other Claim Representatives and clients.
• Investigate assigned claims and evaluate claim exposure to establish reserves.
• Manage the indemnity, medical and legal aspects of assigned claims.
• Control medical treatment and coordinate independent medical evaluations where appropriate.
• Document file activity on a timely basis.
• Assess all aspects of the claim file and accurately detail significant events and outstanding issues.
• Develop resolution strategy plans to achieve appropriate claim results and timely closure.
• Interact with insured’s, claimants and/or claimant's attorney as needed to direct negotiations and achieve settlement.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
• 3-5 years claim adjusting experience desired.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
• Strong interpersonal and negotiating skills.
• Demonstrated decision making skills.
• Ability to work independently or on a team.
• Ability to effectively multi-task in a fast paced environment.
• Demonstrated time management and organizational skills.
• Ability to self-study and pass exams to acquire multiple state adjuster licenses.