BRAND ANALYST - MGE ARKANSAS (WALMART) (PCK336-37268) Bentonville, Arkansas
The role is responsible for analyzing Marketing, Sales, IRI and Account Specific data, for the purpose of managing the brands that we compete in for the assigned account. Through this analysis the CDM identifies business opportunities and strategies to grow the brands at assigned account/accounts.
Your Key Job Accountabilities:
• Effective reporting on Point of Sale data, Nielsen/IRI trends, and account specific datase information to the Account Managers in presentation ready formats.
• Develop sound retail projections for businesses based on baseline and promotional fluctuations.
• Work with account specific data to evaluate category management measures, i.e. ROI, sales per foot, on hand inventory, and turn rates.
• Provide sell through analysis to assist in sales forecasting by monitoring inventory on discontinued items and making recommendations that will reduce returns liabilities.
• Track sell through on displays to better align assortment with account needs.
• Assist in the development of a promotional calendar to include learnings from previous promotional efforts.
• Analyze new items sales versus sales objective and fair share of market for the purpose of recommending corrective action, to include promotional programs, distribution and pricing strategies as needed.
• Work with cross functional departments including Customer Marketing to align brand strategies and promotional events with the account specific promotional calendar to achieve the greatest promotional impact and market share.
• Analyze account specific data and IRI data for the purpose of making recommendations for the retail environment including, space, planogram, and location.
• Ongoing evaluation of inventory to improve in-stock position through efficient consumer response initiatives and order flow analysis.
• Evaluates competitive ad activity to determine impact on retail sales and identify future promotional opportunities.
• Manage and give insight into financial templates and JBP process.
The Network you would Work With:
You will build strong relationships with members of sales team. You will also have close contact with senior management within the division and other department staff Including Marketing, Customer Marketing, Sales Admin, Credit, Customer Service, Category Management, and Logistics. Externally you will be in close contact with account personnel including Category Management, Advertising, Merchandising, Logistics, and Finance.
Potential next steps with L'Oreal after this role:
After a successful approximately 2 – 3 year period in this position, the possible next steps could be CDM on a larger business, internal New York positions within Sales operations such as Customer Marketing, Sales promotions/Planning/Training, National Account Manager, or Regional Manager.
Qualifications, Knowledge & Know-How required:
• Completion of a 4-year Bachelors Degree in Business or a related area
• 3+ years of experience in account management and/or merchandising in the consumer products industry.
• Flexibility for overnight travel for periodic business needs.
• A Valid Drivers License
• Ability to create an account specific selling story by utilizing a combination of syndicated data, POS and internal shipment information.
• Ability to Interact Effectively, positive attitude
• Results Oriented
• Very flexible to change
• Outstanding analytical skills. Strong computer skills with emphasis on Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
• Business, Trade Math and Language application skills.
• Proficiency in account specific data retrieval software
• Good negotiating skills
• Solid presentation skills
• Ability to adapt.
L'Oreal USA is an equal opportunity employer M / F / D / V.
With limited exception, candidates must be legally authorized to work without employer sponsorship, both currently and in the future.